Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2009 09:00

setting up for writing, moving forward 9 files(s)

Does anyone else receive this message/error?  I'm trying to clone his weekend's jobs from our DL3D 1500 to physical tape.  I have a tape that is 7% appendable, so I should be able to use the rest of that tape to clone to correct?

Well, what happens is this, I mount the tape, start the clone job and the job just sits doing nothing.  I've run into this in the past numerous times and have never received an explanation.  I can't unmount a tape or do anything.  The only way to resolve this issue is to reboot the NetWorker server itself.  Just wondering if anyone has any insight or has seen similar errors in their environment.

Attached some screenshots of the message/error.

2 Attachments

78 Posts

November 16th, 2009 20:00

Dre,

have you spoken to Support yet? There may be some idiosyncratic issues with the DL3D cloning. I would certainly make a phone call. If you are not getting any relief from that avenue please do let m eknow and I'll track it down for you.

Cheers,
Steve

334 Posts

November 17th, 2009 09:00

I bet you are correct!  They moved from that forum over to this one on Sat/Sunday.

https://community.emc.com/community/support

38 Posts

I have his first album, "The Chronic" memorized!  haha

Could it have anything to do with my EMC Support Forums login info?  I see that when I try to log into those forums, you get redirected over here.  Hmmmm....  and I think my login for the Support forums, my username is "Dre".

38 Posts

Ok, how do I fix this?  I'm now getting two emails every time a message is posted.  One for "dre" and one for "Jason Drescher"?

38 Posts

I haven't spoken with support yet.  I've run into this problem when running a backup though too.  It seems that if a tape was used for a backup already, it will hang when you try to have another backup go to that same tape.  However, it doesn't always happen.

EDIT:  Why did my original message have my name as "Dre" but now it is "Jason Drescher"?  Is there a glitch in the Matrix?

334 Posts

Probably a glitch.. or the Matrix knows you are a fan of Dr. Dre?

http://info2know.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dre.jpg

334 Posts

November 17th, 2009 10:00

I know there was an effort to consolidate people with two user names, points, etc. like yourself.  Let me see where it stands and I'll let you know.

Allan

13 Posts

November 17th, 2009 12:00

I'll look into all of that.  Thanks Allan!

334 Posts

November 17th, 2009 12:00

Here's what I found:

There was supposed to be an email that went out to known people with multiple accounts.  It asked which account you wanted to keep.
In the meantime, you can go into one of your profiles, and turn off notifications for items like 'watch threads that I create' or 'watch threads that I participate in'...
Also spaces that you currently monitor, and turn off notifications that are space specific.  It's manual, but will work.
Also, see the ECN Help to chat with the experts that run the forums.
https://community.emc.com/community/ecnhelp/registration

Thanks,

Allan

No Events found!