Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2012 04:00

smtpmail.exe - Sending Attachments

Hello Group

I think I already know the answer to this, but is there any way that you can use smtpmail.exe as supplied by EMC to send attachments?  I would like to schedule a report to be e-mailed every day containing the overnight backup status.  I can generate the report from my batch script as a PDF without any problems, but smtpmail.exe doesn't seem to be able to include attachments.  I can't even track down what parameters are accepted.  I know of:

-h smtp host

-s subject

-f from address

and the recipient's e-mail address

I suspect that you can't include an attachment, but can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks

B

June 25th, 2012 04:00

Hello Group

I've managed to download and use blat to send the report as an attachment.  Can anyone confirm if smtpmail.exe can send attachments?  If not, is this something that EMC can easily add?  Would anyone else find value in smtpmail.exe being able to send attachments?  It seems daft to have two mail sending programs on the system...

B

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 30th, 2012 09:00

For years, on Windows at least, people have been using blat. Simply continue to use it. I doubt EMC will do any updates to smtpmail as there is no need - all notifications are designed to go in real time and reports are accessible via web.

July 2nd, 2012 01:00

Thanks, Hrvoje.  I suspected that was the case, but it's annoying that I need two different smtp programs on my system (yes, I know that hard drives are a lot bigger these days, but it's untidy!).

B

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2012 15:00

You would need none if Windows would have good built-in solution like UNIX/Linux

July 3rd, 2012 01:00

lol, too true!

And while we're at it, grep, tail, sleep, find, uptime, and a million and one others!

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2012 11:00

Well, Windows PowerShell is trying to reach those heights

No Events found!