Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2009 22:00

what's mean with "5777:backup_server_name:there are too many client instance,use the first"

When i use networker 7.6 doing backup test,there is a message like:"5777:backup_server_name:there are too many client instance,use the first".what's mean with this?

96 Posts

November 24th, 2009 23:00

Hi,what was your test about?

When manually backing up some files, NetWorker is looking for ie. browse and retention policy to use.

So he looks for the ressources from that client and will take that values.

If there are more than one client ressources for one client, NetWorker will take the first one.

Could that be the case?

Peter

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

November 25th, 2009 07:00

I remember seeing message like found multiple client instances; using first one, but not too many... Message I described is seen when using manual backup and it is informational only and will use longest b/r found.

96 Posts

December 18th, 2009 12:00

I recently found

5777:backup_server_name:there are multiple clients, use the first ...

in the savegroup competion.

I did a manual group backup with two instances of one client. There where two save sets with different retention policies defined.

After the backup, mminfo showed the same retention time for both save sets.

There seems to be a problem.

I found two directories in the index folder. One named with the hostname, the second named with fqn, wich was empty. I where not able to test the backup after deleting the second folder.

Could that cause the error message and the problem?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

December 19th, 2009 11:00

peterh wrote:

I recently found

5777:backup_server_name:there are multiple clients, use the first ...

in the savegroup competion.

I did a manual group backup with two instances of one client. There where two save sets with different retention policies defined.

After the backup, mminfo showed the same retention time for both save sets.

There seems to be a problem.

I found two directories in the index folder. One named with the hostname, the second named with fqn, wich was empty. I where not able to test the backup after deleting the second folder.

Could that cause the error message and the problem?

No.

No Events found!