Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2012 18:00

5524 stacking problem

Greetings folks,

Me and my team are pretty new at DELL switching technology. Recently we set this up and notice on one of the 5524 connected with LAG, performance is very bad and also intermittent disconnect. I would like to seek the advice of experts in this forums.

Thank You

Sarbjit

802 Posts

June 27th, 2012 18:00

The latest firmware has updates regarding LAG issue using 10Gb interfaces.  The release notes included in the download reference the issues resolved.  Here is a link for the download.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Hope this helps,

Keep us updated if you can.

2 Posts

June 27th, 2012 19:00

Thanks. Notice there are two LAG for each switchs from the right to the stack on the left. I am having issues with the switch on the bottom right. WHen i remove one of the LAG all starts working out well. Onle when i have both LAG plugged int, things get to a crawl.

In your expert opinion, doesn't it seems to be an issue with the the master, slave backup thing ?

Thanks

802 Posts

June 28th, 2012 10:00

Do you have Spanning Tree enabled on the network?  It sounds like you may have a loop if the environment is stable with that connection disconnected.  I do not see how the Master/slave would interfere with the Lag to a switch.

CLI Command

show spanning-tree - [[gigabitethernet|tengigabitethernet] port-number|port-channel LAG-number] - Displays spanning tree configuration

CLI Command

show spanning-tree [detail] [active|blockedports] [instance instance-id] - Displays detailed spanning tree

information on active or blocked ports.

No Events found!