Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 24th, 2018 03:00

After changed Net Gear to Dell N1148T-ON & N1124T-ON not able to ping printer and DVR (not work)

Hi,

I want to discuss about my network issue, after changed existing Net Gear and HP Switch to N1148T-ON and N1124T-ON everything is working but my printer and DVR I am not able to ping (Not working), I checked that particular port and cable its working perfectly please help me for this ASAP

Thanks in advance.

21 Posts

Is the link up? If not, try to statically assign the port speed according to the speed supported by the device i.e. if the printer has 100mbit network card, try assigning the switch port to static 100mbit. 

I've had issues with auto negotiation on N1100-ON series myself.

Thanks for the quick reply, 

If I connect my laptop with that particular port with the same ether net cable its working perfectly. but If I connect Printer and DVR with this same port its not work. let me check after change port setting.I will confirm you soon regarding the same. Thanks for quick response.

April 25th, 2018 01:00

Hi,

After changed port setting auto negotiate to 100 MB  its still not work also not able to ping that particular device please help me for this if any other suggestion.

Thanks in advance

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 25th, 2018 06:00

What model is the printer? Is there anything recorded in the logs when plugging in the printer? #show logging.
What firmware is the switch running? For the interface that plugs into the printer, can you please post up the output from the commands #show interfaces counters and #show interfaces status.

April 26th, 2018 03:00

Hi thanks for reply,

No worry , now its working perfectly when changed port setting auto negotiation to 100 MBPS.

Actually before by mistaken I changed setting for wrong port that's why not worked for me.

Thanks again

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 26th, 2018 06:00

Awesome! Thanks for the update, glad to hear it is working.

No Events found!