Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 25th, 2017 06:00

Dell 4032 Stack switch hangs!!!!

Hello,

" switches hangs itself and stop responding, when we go to the site we finds that stack ports leds stops blinking and when we restart the switches every thing comes back normal.  [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/866/6237.logs.txt:550:0]i have enclosed screen shot of the stack port you can see that leds are off, and also i have attached the logs from the switch  kindly check if you find something suspicious.

we have total 6 sites and similar setup done on each sites and issue i am facing on every site preodically lets say some of the site once in 2 months and other sites once in 4 month"

I have  Cisco 2900 series router connected with dell 4032 switch and created ether channel:-

Cisco port 1 to dell sw 1 port 1 "channel group 1 mode on " on both interfaces (router and switch)

cisco port 2 to dell sw 2 port 1 "channel group 1 mode on" on both interfaces (router and switch)

what i have done:-

:-there are QSFP module installed into both the switches. form Switch 1 Port 1 connected to Switch two port two, and  switch one port two  connected to switch two port one.  

now Show Switch command shows:-

Management Standby Preconfig Plugged-in Switch Code
SW Status Status Model ID Model ID Status Version
--- ---------- --------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -----------
1 Mgmt Sw N4032 N4032 OK 6.2.6.6
2 Stack Mbr Oper Stby N4032 N4032 OK 6.2.6.6

i have, Dell power Vault MD3820I san Storage with two controller card, each controller have two iscsi ports. and i connected both of them with both the switches. 

like:- controller 0/Port0/Switch1/Port2

Controller 0/Port1/Switch2/Port2

Controller 1/Port0/switch1/Port3

Controller 1/port1/switch2/port3

And,

I have Dell Power Edge R720 Server with dual 10G interface, i have installed Red Hat 7.2. 

and done the Bonding between two 10G interface, Active backup mode.  

10G Port/Switch1/Port4

10G Port/Switch2/Port4

please help to solve this issue. thanks in advance.

• 

8.7K Posts

October 26th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Try updating the firmware to the latest, it is a few revisions out of date. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=TFK97

44 Posts

October 27th, 2017 03:00

thanks Josh,

i try and get back to you, 

one question:- we have stack switched do we need to apply new firmware on both switch individually or stack member will take automatically from the master switch?

• 

8.7K Posts

October 27th, 2017 08:00

From the master switch.

14 Posts

July 2nd, 2021 14:00

Hello Josh,

Thanks for your work as I have seen you moderating and responding to a lot of queries in this forum. I have a similar issue with Switch N1548 and I have upgraded the Firmware, Stack cables are connected on the TenGig ports and they are daisychained with all switch interconnected with each other. Could you suggest a resolution?

NB: On unrelated note, I have also posted as a new question but it gets marked as a spam multiple times, could you remove my post from Spam so I could get a wider participation?

• 

3.5K Posts

July 5th, 2021 03:00

Hello,

can you better describe the issue?

The switch is hanging?

Which are the leds or alert/error came up? 

I will check to restore the previous post that ended in the spam folder.

Thanks

Marco

No Events found!