Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2015 10:00

Dell N3024P SNMP View OID String

Greetings Network Gurus

I'm trying to configure SNMP on my N3024P so that I can get individual port information. So if I'm doing this correctly, I'm should create a view that includes the OID tree that references the interfaces on the switch. I'm having some difficulty understanding exactly the format of the string that should be entered in the "OID Subtree" field.

If someone could either help me out or point me in the right direction of what to do here, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for any help!

212 Posts

March 12th, 2015 12:00

Greg

generally speaking the OID tree starts with .1 (period and a 1), then period, number, period, number, etc. So for example, the ifHighSpeed may be equal to ".1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.15".  If you load the MIB of the device into a MIB browser the format of each OID is parsed and defined in the format field which is usually a great help.  You may also be able to view the format definition by just opening the MIB in Word or other word processor, but that can be time consuming and tedious.  

Also are you trying to create a view for SNMPv3 or SNMPv2?   v3 will give you better security, but v2 is easier to implement, requiring fewer commands.  Either will work and both should use the same OID format.  

Hope this helps.

-B

No Events found!