Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

3 Posts

October 12th, 2019 10:00

Dell PowerConnect 2716 IP connection

Hi,

I recently got a Dell PowerConnect 2716 which I would like to use. Problem is I can not contact the seller anymore and I have not been able to access the managed interface of the switch.

I have tried resetting it: holding the managed mode button for 10+ seconds and then it restarts. It should have set all settings to factory and then the ip to access the switch GUI should be 192.168.2.1 according to the user manual but when I try to open that in my web browser (Chrome, IE, Edge) it can't connect.

Any ideas what is going wrong here? 

-Does the switch need to have the Uplink connected to my router already for the managed interface GUI to work?
-Can I just connect to any port of the switch and then browse to 192.168.2.1?

Thanks in advance!

• 

8.7K Posts

October 14th, 2019 10:00

Hi,

What is the ip range of the PC you have connected to the switch? Is it on the same subnet?

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2019 10:00

Thanks for the tip and help. I have made 3 ipconfigs: one when I am connected to my modem directly, one without any connection (wifi shut down and no ethernet cable plugged in) and one with no wifi connection but with the ethernet cable connected to the switch.

Connected to modem directly:
Conn_home_network.PNG

No wifi nor ethernet connection:
No_conn.PNG

No wifi but connected to the switch:
conn_switch.PNG

Not sure what this actually means or what the difference is between the "Ethernet adapter" and "Ethernet adapter vEthernet", but I'm willing to learn..

• 

8.7K Posts

Yeah ipconfig should help.

3 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean exactly?

I simply plugged in a connection between the ethernet port of my laptop and then to the switch (tried different ports). What should I do to give you the information you need, just ipconfig when connected?

Thanks!

April 4th, 2020 14:00

I set static ip address and subnet still have no access to management 

No Events found!