Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2015 03:00

Dell PowerConnect 2848 MCLI Mode

Hi all, 

I have the switch put in production already. Now im trying to put some ip address and configurations. The problem is that when i connect it through the serial i have just the following prompt ">". Can i configure the SNMPv3 via MCLI or should i press the config/Managed mode button. Also becouse this is production switch, what will happen if i activeate the Managed mode ? Do i have to reboot the switch or the switch will reboot itself ?

Also is there a way to configure SNMPv3 via MCLI 

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 17th, 2015 05:00

The PowerConnect 28xx series switches are shipped in unmanaged mode by default. in unmanaged mode the CLI and WebUI are not accessible. The Managed Mode LED designates whether the management interface is active on the switch. The LED is ON only in the Managed mode, and OFF in Unmanaged mode. A transition from Unmanaged mode to Managed mode via the use of the Managed Mode button results in the switch automatically rebooting and returning to Managed mode while running the saved configuration (if no configuration exists, then the default configuration is used).

The CLI on the 2848 offers basic features and is not fully manageable via the CLI.

The CLI can be used to:

-Reboot the device

-Restore the system to default (except 2808 has to be reset from Web interface)

-Download or upload a configuration, image, or boot file

-Create local database users (for device management)

-Define an SNMP Community

-Define a static IP addres

-execute the show tech-support command

The only SNMP command is the command # snmp-server community. The switch support SNMPv1 and v2. You can change this setting in the WebUI under System>SNMP>Notification Recipient.

Here is a link to the user guides:

http://dell.to/1NZ7EF5

They can be a great resource to have when configuring the switch.

No Events found!