Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2017 18:00

Dell X1052 DHCP Relay Not Working

Hi,

I have a problem regarding Dell X1052 that the DHCP relay is not working. Currently my DHCP server is Microsoft Server 2008 with the up of 192.168.0.20 and my switch is 10.0.247.101, i have tested from switch able to ping the DHCP server. However, the DHCP relay unable to poll and access IP to end devices. Is that any missing configuration. All the configuration was done thru GUI

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 27th, 2017 07:00

Is the client requesting the DHCP address plugged into the X1052? or somewhere else in the network? Does the DHCP have additional scopes for the other VLANs?

The user guide goes through all the steps to enable DHCP relay. It may be worth it to look through those steps to ensure nothing was skipped.

Page 295: http://dell.to/1NSYeYk

4 Posts

March 27th, 2017 07:00

Thank you the advice. I having another problem that the port randomly down and up when STP forward thru the port. All the switches are connected in star topology. the STP config are leave as default. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 27th, 2017 08:00

Do you have a network diagram you can you share with us? Can help look it over an offer spanning tree configuration suggestions.

4 Posts

March 27th, 2017 08:00

Below is my network topology

How can i configure the STP for the switches? Do i require configure all of these switches?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 27th, 2017 09:00

The X1052 switch that connects to the SOPHOS firewall should be set as your root switch. To accomplish this set the spanning-tree priority to 4096. Page 182 of the user guide has information on how to set the priority.

Once the root is set, it should help make spanning-tree behavior more predictable. Which interfaces are transitioning to a blocking state?

4 Posts

March 27th, 2017 22:00

Currently the swtiches show this alarm.

What triggering the major alarm regarding to the STP?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 28th, 2017 06:00

thanks for the screenshot. Those messages are indicating that an interface has gone down, and then come back up. The spanning tree message is simply letting you know that the interface is now forwarding again. Based on those messages, it does not look like spanning tree is the cause of the interface going down.

Does it seem to be the same few interfaces over and over? What devices are plugged into these interfaces? Are these devices being shut down, unplugged, restarted? You can also try swapping out cables, if possible. Can also move the device to a different interface and note whether the same device has the same issue on a different port.

No Events found!