I'm trying to change port settings via the CLI on a 5548P. I have this:

!

interface gigabitethernet1/0/47

channel-group 1 mode on
no switchport
switchport general allowed vlan add 200 tagged
switchport general allowed vlan add 2 untagged
!

There were other settings in there but I got rid of them by running "no" and then the necessary commands. I can't seem to get rid of the LAST TWO lines there (the "switchport general allowed vlan add # tagged/untagged")

I've tried "no switchport general allowed vlan" and "no switchport" and a few other things, but nothing gets rid of those two lines. My only option now is to just remove the VLANs and then start over by re-adding them. 

So what commands do I use?

• 

8.7K Posts

October 12th, 2017 16:00

Hi,

Try making it an access port and then use no switchport access vlan. Page 499 http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powerconnect-5524_reference%20guide_en-us.pdf

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

November 6th, 2017 09:00

I'm still dealing with this.. the stuff on page 499 didn't really help. After fiddling with it, my port config now says this:

interface gigabitethernet1/0/24

no switchport

switchport access vlan none

So I guess my question is, will these current settings be over-written if I add the changes I want, such as vlan access? My original goal was to completely remove all settings, but it looks like the switch config file keeps one or the other... it won't just let 1/0/24 be blank..

4 Posts

November 7th, 2017 00:00

I havn't really had this issue, but my guess would be to just write:

switchport

switchport mode access (probably not necessary)

switchport access vlan 1

\\Martin

No Events found!