Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 20th, 2012 11:00

Init setup on Power Connect 2848

I just got a Power Connect 2848 I connected to the console and rebooted in management mode (lights on and boot-up say so). Insted off getting the sertup wizard I get a > prompt. There are three choices "debug help mcli". How do I setup the web management?

802 Posts

July 20th, 2012 12:00

Initial Configuration Through the Web

The administrator can choose to perform device configuration via the web management instead of

through the Set-up wizard.

Basic Configuration

To configure a device whose configuration is empty via web management, perform the following steps:

1 Connect the switch to a PC via Ethernet, and set a static IP address of 192.168.2.x 255.255.255.0

(where x is between 2 and 254) on the PC.

2 Connect to the switch using IP address 192.168.2.1 in your web browser. The login is: username =

admin with no password.

3 After connecting to the device, use the IP Interface Parameters page to define the required IP address

(static or DHCP) for the device and its default gateway.

4 After the device is configured with new IP address, connect the device to the network or to a PC with

the correct subnet settings and continue configuring it via web management.

5 The IP Addressing page contains a link to the IP Interface Parameters page that is used to assign the

device IP address, subnet mask and default gateway, and for enabling or disabling DHCP. In the web

management interface navigation menu at left, select the System > IP Addressing > IP Interface

Parameters screen.

More information is available starting on page 44 of the User Guide.

28xx User Guide

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/network/pc28xx/en/ug/pdf/ug_en.pdf

Hope this helps,

Keep us updated if you can.

No Events found!