Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AD

3 Posts

February 12th, 2019 06:00

MXL 40/10 with FC Flex stacking

Hi all, I am trying to stack two MXL 40/10 by using 40GB fixed interface on MXL 40/40 module but when i give the command "stack-unit 0 stack-group 0" i get this error :" %error: Cannot configure stack Group when FC module is enabled". On modular slots of MXL 40/10 module there are installed two FC Module 4port FC, is this the problem? Does it mean that i can't make a stack with FC Module installed? Many thanks in adavance for every reply. Regards angelo

• 

8.7K Posts

February 12th, 2019 10:00

Hi,

That does seem to be what the message is saying. Can you try to disable FC create the stack and then reenable it? Also is the firmware up to date?

February 15th, 2019 05:00

Hi josh,

Thanks for your reply. The PowerEdge M1000e where MXL10/40 in installed in isn't in priduction yet, so I can try to disable FC. Do you mean to disable putting the no feature fc command, or to ohisically remove the FC Flex module? What about DELL documentatio telling "If the switch contains FC Flex IO module, you cannot create a stack and a log message states that %Error: cannot configure stack group when FC module is enabled. Similarly, FC Flex IO modules do not function when you insert them into a stack of I/O Aggregator switches" ?

Regards

angelo

• 

8.7K Posts

February 15th, 2019 07:00

No features fc command.

February 18th, 2019 00:00

Hello Josh,

i am going to try to disable fc as you suggested, but I read DELL ufficial documentation telling: "If the switch contains FC Flex IO module, you cannot create a stack and a log message states that %Error: cannot configure stack group when FC module is enabled", what does it stand for? Do I have to consider it ?

Regards

angelo

August 11th, 2023 19:14

Hello, I have the same problem, is there a solution?

• 

8.8K Posts

August 11th, 2023 21:03

Robert lau

While the MXL supports both, it doesn't look to support both at the same time.

Let me know if this helps.

August 14th, 2023 01:53

@DELL-Chris H​ 

Chris H

How do I turn off fc mode?

• 

8.8K Posts

August 14th, 2023 14:57

@bangjianliu​ 

You could either use the command no fcoe, or the other option is to take the expansion modules for FC out of the switch, but that will end up requiring downtime and to have someone onsite.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!