ITRECORD
1 Copper

N3048 and s4048 Access List and SNMP enable

Hi guys, Firstly im not a network engineer I have inherited this so please be gentle If possible could you give us a hand with some basic commands on these 2 switches? Basically I have a VLAN on both switches and need to add and Access-list and have a rule to enable SNMP from 1 particular IP address. This is obviously without disturbing any other traffic I have done this before on cisco switches but not entirely sure how to do this on the DELL switches via CLI So I have tried the following :- "ip access-lists SNMPMUTINY" then not sure after this - something like "access-list SNMPMUTINY permit 10.0.0.56" "access-list SNMPMUTINY deny any" END Then add back to privileged Mode snmp-server community ****** RO SNMPMUTINY Do that sound about right?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: N3048 and s4048 Access List and SNMP enable

Hi,

Is that ip only being used for snmp? You could also allow just the ports for snmp on that ip as well.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
ITRECORD
1 Copper

yes it is - however I have been asked to just allow that ip to read on SNMP on the DELL switches 

Any ideas on how ?

0 Kudos

Use snmp-server community command and set it to ro for that ip address https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_networking/esuprt_net_fxd... Page 2133

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
ITRECORD
1 Copper

Thank you will try the manual !!

0 Kudos