Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2018 06:00

OOB or web management of S4100 with OS10 Ent missing!

Hello, I have 2 x S4128F-ON switches with OS10 Enterprise, and I manage to configure the OOB and able to access to it via browser, but what I get is just the "Welcome to nginx on Debian!" screen. What I'm expecting is the web console that allow me to configure most settings like my previous N4000 switches. Is there anything I missed? Or there is NO web console/configuration for S4100 switches? Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 15th, 2018 05:00

The OOB port is intended for managing the switch out of band from the production network.Traffic on the OOB port is segregated from operational network traffic and cannot be switched or routed to or from the operational network. In addition, ACLs (including management ACLS), do not operate on the out-of-band port. It is not a requirement to use the OOB port for management. To manage the switch in band, you can telnet/SSH to a VLAN IP address.

https://dell.to/2pRxnIG

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 12th, 2018 10:00

These switches are intended to be managed through the CLI. I am not aware of any web GUI available for OS10.

6 Posts

October 12th, 2018 21:00

Thanks for the reply. May I know what is the purpose of having OOB/MGMT port that without web GUI?
No Events found!