Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

May 26th, 2018 11:00

PowerConnect 2816-Configuing Aggregate Links Issue

Hey!

First post here. I am not a networking genius-I build computers, not network infrastructures most of the time. However, I recently bought two quad port gigabit NICs and the aforementioned switch (PowerConnect 2816). What I need to do is create two 4 Gigabit aggregate links between two towers (personal rig, storage server) as well as have them visible to the rest of the network.

Here is what happens when I try:

I have ports 2468 configured as LAG1 and 10121416 as LAG2 on the switch. A network cable connected to the rest of the network is in port 15 for DHCP, which I have set to pass through from the rest of the network. Nothing here sounds wrong to me.

The issue is in Windows-some of the ports on the NIC are not assigned IP addresses it seems. Say I have 3 Ethernet cables plugged in. Ports 1 and 2 might have an IP address, but 3 doesn't and says "unidentified network" unlike the other two. So naturally, when I try to bridge them, the whole thing becomes an "unidentified network".

Here's another thing I noticed-my WIFI became un-joinable when I had both computers and all the network cables plugged in. Could I be running out of IP addresses? I have quite a few devices on the network, and if each port requires an independent address maybe that is the issue? I don't think I have more than 50 devices though. 

Thanks,

Rowan

18 Posts

May 27th, 2018 08:00

In Windows powershell, what is the output of

Get-NetAdapter

2 Posts

May 27th, 2018 12:00

Name                      InterfaceDescription                    ifIndex Status       MacAddress             LinkSpeed
----                      --------------------                    ------- ------       ----------             ---------
Ethernet 3                Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP ...#2      20 Disconnected 00-24-81-7F-D3-B5          0 bps
Hamachi                   LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Ada...      18 Up           7A-79-19-1C-28-53        10 Gbps
Ethernet                  Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller           17 Up           74-D0-2B-32-A4-FC         1 Gbps
Ethernet 5                Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP ...#4      15 Disconnected 00-24-81-7F-D3-B4          0 bps
Ethernet 4                Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP ...#3      10 Up           00-24-81-7F-D3-B7         1 Gbps
Ethernet 2                Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP Se...       6 Up           00-24-81-7F-D3-B6         1 Gbps

I made a team on my main rig-it has built in Intel Networking. I think I misspoke-really just trying to TEAM the connections here. Bridging was not my goal. The issue seems to be an Intel one-the drivers I have installed for the Intel Pro 1000PT Quad port cards are windows issued, and Intel doesn't see any devices in the system somehow on my server which does not have integrated Intel networking. Don't know how to get around this-I just can't team them on that rig despite the cards absolutely having the ability to do so. Ideas? I realize this is no Intel forum, but someone might know something. 

18 Posts

May 27th, 2018 13:00

Which Windows OS?

Which driver version?

No Events found!