Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

March 14th, 2019 13:00

PowerConnect 5448 Factory Reset

Hey guys,

I've recently been gifted a PowerConnect 5448.  I have a DB-9 to RJ45 crossover cable to connect to the console port, though it does not pick it up through putty.  I have no idea what the default IP address is since it was wiped before I received it.  

Is there any option for me to actually get into the switch at this point?  Maybe even factory reset it again so that I can manually assign the IP?

• 

8.7K Posts

March 15th, 2019 09:00

Hi,

If you can connect to the console during boot you should be able to access the boot menu which will have the options to factory reset.

August 30th, 2022 19:00

```I have a DB-9 to RJ45 crossover cable to connect to the console port, though it does not pick it up through putty. ```

Well I have the same issue. So like the inital question stated - is there another way to factory reset the switch if we can not "connect" via console and do not know what the default ip address is of the switch.

What would be another way of factory resetting the device?

• 

4.1K Posts

August 30th, 2022 22:00

Hi, thanks for choosing Dell. I'm afraid I don't see another way. Sorry I couldn't be of help this time. Let us know if you have any further questions. Wish you a good one.

162 Posts

September 11th, 2022 23:00

Steps are given below-

1. Connect to the switch via the console port and manually reboot the switch
2. As soon as power is applied, press and hold the and keys simultaneously
3. At the menu, press R for the “[R]eturn to Factory Default” option
4. The switch will reboot and all configuration changes and password information is cleared

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

No Events found!