Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2010 06:00

PowerConnect 6224 Problem

Hi,

I have 2 Dell PowerConnect 6224 switches on the same subnet for the purpose of redundancy. This switches are connected together and each switch is connect to one of the 2 Nokia/Checkpoint firewalls which is running VRRP. Also connected to these switches are 3 Dell PowerEdge 1950 III servers which one NIC connected to one switch and the other connected to the other switch. The NICs are teamed together.

However if I enable team with both nics the servers lose network access and can only be got at via their DRAC cards. If I disable the NIC which is connected to the second switch then network access is restored.

I can only get at the second switch's web interface if I connect to only of the servers, disable the nic that is going to the first switch and enable the second nic that is connected to the second switch. Only then I can connect to the second switch web interface when using that server.

Does anyone have any suggestions to a solution to this problem?

909 Posts

October 18th, 2010 08:00

Post the output of the following from both switches: show running-config, show spanning-tree.  And any other information you think is relevant.

No Events found!