Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 3rd, 2012 16:00

Powerconnect 3524 VLAN Setup

I'm trying to set up two VLANs on a Powerconnect 3524 but I'm having trouble selecting the range of ports. I need two VLANs set up with 12 ports each.

I've typed in:

interface range ethernet 1/g1-1/g12 

but I get

wrong number of parameters or invalid range, six or characters entered

How is my syntax wrong? I found a document entitled 'VLAN-Based Network Segregation' that is pretty helpful but it doesn't address the 35xx series powerconnects.

Here's the link to that document: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pwcnt/en/app_note_8.pdf

Anything help would be much appreciated.

802 Posts

May 4th, 2012 14:00

You would need to enter the management vlan interface.  Then exit back out to global to set the gateway if still needed.

console#config

console(config)# interface vlan 1

console(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.2 /24

console(config-if)# exit

console(config)# ip default gateway 192.168.1.1 /24

802 Posts

May 3rd, 2012 17:00

interface range ethernet 1/e1-12  

or

interface range ethernet 1/g1-4

Both these commands are working on our test switch.  

1.  The switch is limited to just 4 possible Gigabit ports.

2.  Leave out the 1/g on the end of the port range

Hope this helps,

Keep us updated.

802 Posts

May 3rd, 2012 18:00

Yes,  I would start over and not use the wizard.  Also,  I would recommend updating the firmware on the switch.  Here is a link to the current firmware download.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

4 Posts

May 3rd, 2012 18:00

Still getting the same message : | I had used the wizard to set up the inital ip, subnet, and gateway address. Perhaps, I need to start from fresh and avoid the set up wizard completely?

4 Posts

May 4th, 2012 10:00

I deleted the startup configuration, then proceeded to set up the switch again. Problem is when I'm not running the wizard I can't seem to set the ip and subnet for the switch itself. I see that in config mode you can use 'ip default-gateway' to set the default gateway but there isn't a command for setting the ip address. Where is this capability?

4 Posts

June 21st, 2012 08:00

Thanks alot! I did get it set up correctly. FYI, to set up the ethernet range on the first vlan(after creating it) I had to input

interface range ethernet e1-24

No Events found!