This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2014 16:00

Stacking 4 Power Connect 5524P Switches

xxx

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 14th, 2014 06:00

all units in the stack are treated as if they were a single switch. All stack members are accessed through the management IP address, through which the stack is managed.

Can you go into more details as to what network issue you are seeing? High pings times? Dropped packets? Is it only between certain devices, just the internet, or everything?

what firmware is the stack currently at?

2 Posts

May 16th, 2014 03:00

Sorry I took so long to reply we had some serious problems on the plant, anyway, Thank you for the prompt reply.

Our current Software Version is 4.0.1.11 with Boot Version 1.0.0.12. The Stack is not connected to the internet, we have slow response between the different Clients and Servers on the System to the point where all the PC's are hanging.

I've disconnected the Ethernet loops between the switches and did a power reboot of the switches one by one only with the Stack Configuration, after this the system was back to normal. I'm not sure if we will have the same problem again after a couple of hours/days of operation.

I'm currently monitoring the time on ping command to see if we have network errors again, I do see the odd packet that is dropped and here and there there is a reply of 43ms.

Regards

Allen  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 16th, 2014 06:00

latest version is 4.1.0.16, next time you have some maintenance time i would get it updated.

www.dell.com/.../drivers

Sounds like you had a loop somewhere causing the issue. I would map out the network to make sure there are no accidental cabling loops.

If end clients/users might be creating loops, there is a BPDU guard feature you can look into.

BPDU Guard is usually used either when fast link ports (ports connected to

clients) are enabled or when the STP feature is disabled. When it is enabled

on a port, the port is shut down if a BPDU message is received and an

appropriate SNMP trap is generated.

1 Message

November 26th, 2014 01:00

Allen,

Please delete this post, and contact me asap.

Thanks in advance.

No Events found!