Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

4 Posts

April 1st, 2019 11:00

VLANs across two X1026/X1052s

Hi, everyone.

I have found some similar posts related to my question, but none of which have been solved. I therefore try a post of my own.

I am struggling with VLAN-traffic other than VLAN 1 to be sent between two X1026/X1052s. Devices connected directly to either switch, belonging to different VLANs can communicate fine, but nothing is sent between the switches. The ports not belonging to VLAN 1 has WiFi APs connected to them. VLAN ID 2 is management network (untagged on ingress and egress), VLAN 4001-4003 is related to SSIDs.

My setup is this:

X1026:
Ports 1-20: Default VLAN (1). Access mode.
Ports 21-23: PVID 2, VLAN 2(U) + 4001-4003(T). General mode.
Port 24: Trunk

X1052:
Ports 1-44: Default VLAN(1). Access mode.
Ports 45-47: PVID 2, VLAN 2(U) + 4001-4003(T). General mode.
Port 48: Trunk

As the controller/router is connected to X1026, the access points connected to it works fine. But, as said, the problem is, packets != VLAN 1 is not sent across. Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Any suggestion is appreciated. I'm out of options.

Regards,
Chocolate Eater

• 

8.7K Posts

April 1st, 2019 13:00

Hi,

What is configured as the default gateway? It sounds like the traffic doesn’t know that it is supposed to go to the other switch.

April 1st, 2019 14:00

Hi, Josh. Could you please elaborate? I guess you don’t mean L3 Default Gateway. Do you mean static entries in the adresse table? I have tried defining APs on the 1052 in the 1026 address table, that didn’t cut it. Funny thing, though. I tried connecting the switches using a dedicated port for trunking (with general mode) of the VLAN traffic, in addition to a port for VLAN 1 traffic. In the address table on the 1026 I could see the MAC of the interfacing port on the 1052, but not vice versa. Then I reverted to using one port for all trunking, as is the current configuration.

April 4th, 2019 04:00

Hi, Josh. Do you have time and possibility to help me out a bit? Best regards Chocolate Eater

• 

8.7K Posts

April 4th, 2019 09:00

Sorry, I didn’t see your previous reply. Are the switches in layer 2 or layer2 + mode? Can you private message me the service tag?

April 4th, 2019 11:00

Hi, Josh. I am kind of embarrased, now. I had only used the web interface until I in frustration decided to log on to the CLI. I then noticed that one of the ports was fluctuating rapidly between link and no link. I hadn't noticed on the LEDs on the port since it was so rapid. And so it turns out there was a cabling problem. When fixed, the communications all of a sudden went without any hickups at all. But thanks for engaging in the case. Much appreciated :)
No Events found!