Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 21st, 2009 02:00

vlan on powerconnect 6224

hi, i'm new to vlan and have some problem setting a vlan. i need to create a few vlan and enable certain vlan to be able to communicate with each other while some are not. after looking in the net for awhile, i found that when doing intervlan routing, most ppl use ip routing to enable the routing and use ACLs to isolate the some vlan from communicating.

for example: there are 3 vlan- vlan10, vlan 20, vlan30. after using ip routing is enable, then all vlan can communicate with each other. but vlan10 and vlan 20 is not suppose to be communicating. so the way is to use ACL to block the communication between vlan10 and vlan20.

i know this is the most common way to do and i had able to do it already, but the problem is my company already had all the server set to static ip in the same subnet, if i would use this method, then all then server's ip had to be set again. plus, my boss don't want to use this method as it involve ACLs. so is there anyway else to make my network act same like the senario above without ACL? my boss also want to keep all the server in different vlan but use back the old ip address which is in the same subnet.

or is thr anyway to set a port belong to more than 1 vlan ?

so can anyone help me on this? *urgent*

thx in advance

4 Posts

May 27th, 2009 00:00

got this issue solve from here ==> http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/2884475.aspx

thx for reading my post

No Events found!