Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2007 20:00

1720 printer & 3300 Wireless Printer adapter

I have had this wireless printing system up and running for a few weeks. Suddenly now when I try to print, the laptop shows that the printer is offline under the printers section of the control panel.  All three lights are showing on the wireless adapter, and my wireless system is working because I can get on the internet.  What do I have to do to get the printer back online.  I am using Vista and this is a new computer. 

5 Posts

December 3rd, 2007 14:00

I'm not familiar with Vista, but if you go to the printers section of the control panel, you should be able to right-click the printer. Then select "Use Printer Online".

Hope this helps.

MJ Mowrey

2 Posts

July 5th, 2008 16:00

Mine is online already -- supposedly.

I bought the inspiration 1420, the dell 1720 laser printer and the 3300 wireless adapter thinking that if they were all made by the same company it would all work.  Well, it didn't.  Then after hours and hours a tech got it to work.  Then it would stop working every time the computer hibernated and I had to reboot.  Now it quit working all together.  The tech help I have been offered via email and on the web site just has me go in circles.  It is now July 2008 and I see that this problem has gone on since last Fall given what I see in these forum discussions.  I re-do everthing and it says it can see everthing but when I try to print -- it will not communicate with the printer.  

I want it to work and when it does I do not want to have to re-boot every time I need to print.

No Events found!