Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2012 14:00

A very bad wifi issue with my dell xps 14z

I brought one dell xps 14z laptop few days before. Getting very poor signal and internet speed is very low also sometimes it is getting disconnected.

I checked all the articles in dell forum rearding this issue and tried every possible option but same issue persist.

Please someone help me, i have some critical tasks pending bcz of this issue.

Also let me know how to contact dell tech support guys. Plz somebody help me.

Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 29th, 2012 16:00

Deepsas,

Try reading...

Intel® WiFi Products — Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Create a Power Plan

Select High performance.

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

While you in the device manager, look to see if this adapter has Antenna Diversity. Some adapters have this and some don't. If your adapter has Antenna Diversity, try changing it from Auto to Aux. Can you please let me know if this adapter has antenna diversity(Thanks)

Rick

27 Posts

June 29th, 2012 16:00

Still same issue after following the steps mentioned by you.

How to search if the adapter has Antenna Diversity option or not ?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 29th, 2012 18:00

Deepsas,

Compared notes with another member, it may or may not have antenna diversity.

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

While you in the device manager, look to see if this adapter has Antenna Diversity. Some adapters have this and some don't. If your adapter has Antenna Diversity, try changing it from Auto to Aux. Can you please let me know if this adapter has antenna diversity

Rick

27 Posts

June 30th, 2012 02:00

i have checked the the adapter but there is no antena diversity, and i am having the same problem.

27 Posts

June 30th, 2012 08:00

Earlier it was Mcafe , even tried uninstalling that , still same issue. now i have installed microsoft security essentials .

The problem is if i am sitting near to the router it is functioning as other laptops. But if i am trying from other room , it is giving problem, whereas in other room my other laptops are running fine.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 30th, 2012 08:00

Deepsas,

What virus program are you using?

Rick

27 Posts

June 30th, 2012 09:00

yes, i installed Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first then i installed rest.

As i told i am facing problem if i am trying from other room, where as other laptops are doing good from other room.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Deepsas,

Did you use the McAfee Removal Tool? You can still run it.

This says it for printers, but gets you to the firewall settings. Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials See it there is something blocking it there.

Is your system under warranty?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Deepsas,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

27 Posts

Hi Rick, i just brought this laptopn one week before.

I completely removed the factory default windows 7 and installed windows 7 ultimate.

Even though the problem is there, i think the wifi adopter dell using in this laptop is not good enough to catch the signal.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Deepsas,

Try channel 11 in your wireless router?

I would contact Dell Tech Support and see if they can fix this.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

27 Posts

July 1st, 2012 06:00

my wireless router is already running in channel 11...

8 Posts

July 1st, 2012 08:00

exactly same problem with the same model!

27 Posts

July 1st, 2012 12:00

Thanks Rick for your help, finger crossed.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 1st, 2012 12:00

Deepsas,

Keep me posted. I'd like to know what they did to solve this. I have friends looking into this.

Rick

No Events found!