Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2012 06:00

Activate bluetooth wireless switch on Inspiron n7010?

I have installed wireless 365 bluetooth driver but then of course the pop up says to activate the bluetooth using wireless switch. No dice. When I press the wireless switch I only see my wi-fi connection.  I have checked device manager and no bt shows there.  Also when I type 'bttray' under the start menu nothing shows up in the search.

Is this laptop even able to support bluetooth?  I have searched through many other similar questions and have been unable to find any info on this for the n7010.

BTW: Windows 7, x64... let me know if you need other info.

1.1K Posts

December 20th, 2012 06:00

Hi regik,

Inspiron N 7010 is shipped with a bluetooth card. It should either show under 'Network adapter' or 'Bluetooth Radios' in device manager.

Perform the below mentioned troubleshooting steps:

1) Check for the presence of the card in BIOS

- Turn the computer off.

- Turn the computer back on.

- Immediately at the Dell logo screen, start tapping the key once a second until the BIOS screen appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).

- Use your arrow keys to navigate BIOS. You mouse will be inoperative in BIOS. Instructions for navigation and saving should appear at the bottom of your BIOS screen.

- Use right arrow key to highlight ‘Advanced’

- Use down arrow key to highlight ‘Wireless’

- Hit Enter key

- Capture the status of Internal Bluetooth (Should be enabled)

2.   Enable the Bluetooth capability:

If the Bluetooth device is installed, also verify the radio is enabled. You can turn the wireless and  Bluetooth cards on or off using the F2 key. If that doesn’t work, use the key combination (function + F2)

Do write back with the findings. I would be glad to assist.

2 Posts

December 20th, 2012 10:00

It shows as enabled in bios but doesn't seem to be working as I can not connect Bluetooth device.

Now what should I do?  Thanks for your help!

1.1K Posts

December 21st, 2012 05:00

Hi regik,

Thank you for the reply. I will recommend you to install the blue tooth patch which may enable the bluetooth on your system: http://dell.to/ZYCm8C 
Once you install the blue tooth patch from the abov link, try re installing the blue tooth driver and see if installs successfully.

Please reply for any further questions.

March 15th, 2013 22:00

my computer is Dell INSPIRON model M5030

March 15th, 2013 22:00

Hello friend, I did everything you posted. The bluetooth on BIOS says enable. I can't install bluetooth. have the same problem that the other guy has. Same OS x64 Ultimate. Need some help. Thanks man.

August 15th, 2013 07:00

i need keys please help me

1.5K Posts

August 15th, 2013 10:00

Hi cute_saima21,

Please share the system model and operating system installed. Also, share which key you are looking for. Please elaborate the issue so that I can assist you better.

Awaiting your response.

October 19th, 2013 05:00

Thanks a lot, Vikram.

Now I can use my Dell N7010 Broadcom BT365 in Windows 8.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2013 17:00

I also need help on this. I check in BIOS and Bluetooth is turned on but system fails when trying to add the Bluetooth driver. 

2 Posts

December 29th, 2013 11:00

I tried to install the patch given however when I try to install it says "no capable devices found.'  ?????

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2019 02:00

this device came with bluetooth i still have mine , but windows does not support the device anymore so its technically useless it stopped working when windows 10 came out about 6 years ago there were no drivers available 

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2019 02:00

the bluetooth device can only run on windows 7 and not is not supported by windows 10 i found this out after upgrading my os in 2013 

No Events found!