Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2017 21:00

Airplane mode stuck AND can't sign in

Don't know how this happened but I accidentally turned airplane mode on, and it's stuck ON. Not only that, but whoever that happened, my laptop got rebooted with airplane mode on and now I can't even log into my

Microsoft account because I'm offline. It's in Inspiron 16 that decided to b upgrade to Windows 10 for me one day.

I've been reading up on this and I'm seeing tons of people are having the same issue with airplane mode/WiFi, but I'm the only doofus who can't even log in to get to any other options from a task bar.

I've pushed the Wi-Fi tower/PrtScr button many different times paired with Fn and other random combos to no avail. I've shut it down, taken out the battery, held on the on/off button for 20 seconds, put battery back in -- nope. I've checked and there is no external button. Airplane mode bar is greyed out and not budging.

I really don't know anything about cards or hard drives and what have you, I just made a mistake and after months of ditching it, thinking maybe I didn't really need a laptop anyway, I'm back trying to fix it without a clue in the world. Is there ANY way to fix this if it won't even let me log in because I'm offline or do I need a new laptop now?

• 

17K Posts

June 13th, 2017 06:00

Fuzznell,

Start the computer and tap the F8 key to enter safe mode if you cannot get into Windows normally. Click the link below for information on how to fix airplane mode in Windows 10.

How to Fix Stuck in Airplane Mode Windows 10

1 Message

June 23rd, 2020 05:00

You still have to sign in to do what this  wants us to do,  There is no internet to get to the features that he is talking about. BS

with Dell

1 Message

November 5th, 2020 10:00

This doesn't work and the link doesnt have any suggestions that work. Is there any other way you could help?

No Events found!