Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

August 4th, 2010 10:00

Alienware m15x - Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN - Identifying to network hang

Hi all, first post here due to first major issue I'm having.

1) I can connect to my home network fine.

2) I can connect to WiFi hotspots (Starbucks) fine.

Issue) I cannot connect to my Co-workers Hotspot on his HTC HD2.

My other Co-workers can connect to his HTC just fine. In fact, both of them are on his HTC now. 2nd co-worker is using a brand new alienware m11x.

it keeps hanging on the Identifying portion. When I go to the diagnostic. The System hangs and then crashes via BSOD. Device IRQL out of range or something to that effect. (I'll get a screen shot of it next time I try to diagnose it.)

If anyone has any ideas for now please post. I'm trying the Pre-boot System Assessment Build 4124 right now to see if there is an hardware error on it.

January 25th, 2011 13:00

Hi all, first post here due to first major issue I'm having.

1) I can connect to my home network fine.

2) I can connect to WiFi hotspots (Starbucks) fine.

Issue) I cannot connect to my Co-workers Hotspot on his HTC HD2.

My other Co-workers can connect to his HTC just fine. In fact, both of them are on his HTC now. 2nd co-worker is using a brand new alienware m11x.

it keeps hanging on the Identifying portion. When I go to the diagnostic. The System hangs and then crashes via BSOD. Device IRQL out of range or something to that effect. (I'll get a screen shot of it next time I try to diagnose it.)

If anyone has any ideas for now please post. I'm trying the Pre-boot System Assessment Build 4124 right now to see if there is an hardware error on it.

Thanks for your sharing! It helps me out of the problem.

No Events found!