Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2010 08:00

Bluetooth Not Activating???

Hello Friends,

I own a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and recently my windows vista was not working properly so i decided to reinstall the windows again. I installed each and every driver but when i was installing the Bluetooth driver, it shows me "Activate Bluetooth by Fn+F2 or Radio On/Off Button".  My Radio button is already on the ON position and when I press Fn+F2 nothing happens. I need to install this driver, so if anyone knows the solution, please reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Samarjeet Singh Saigal

• 

17K Posts

July 30th, 2010 09:00

Samarjeetsaigal,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Try the steps below to see if they will resolve your issue.

Download and Save the dell bluetooth driver for your system.

Install the driver:
- 1. Execute the file
- 2. Open the folder that you save the file at
- 3. Execute the file "Setup.exe".
- 4. When the driver ask you to active your Bluetooth antena, click in "Cancel.
- 5. Open the folder again
- 6. Execute the file "Inst.exe".
- 7. Click in "Next" button to begin the installation.

Note: When the software ask you to activate the Bluetooth DO NOT CANCEL.

- 8. Open the folder
- 9. Execute the file "BTTray.exe". The icon will appear in the system tray (next the clock).
- 10. Click with the right button in Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- 11. The installation will continue automatically.
- 12. Click in "OK" button to finish

August 1st, 2010 12:00

Dear Jesse,

My laptop is Dell XPS 1645, me too facing the same problem. I could continue your steps till 8th step. I clicked BTTray.exe, but it doesn't give any reaction. Its not at all appearing in the system tray.

Please give me some solution.

Thanks in advance. :)

November 28th, 2010 18:00

Dear Jesse,

My laptop is Dell XPS 1645, me too facing the same problem. I could continue your steps till 8th step. I clicked BTTray.exe, but it doesn't give any reaction. Its not at all appearing in the system tray.

Please give me some solution.

Thanks in advance. :)

Would you pls give some details? The info you offered is not enough to decide the problem.

3 Posts

June 5th, 2012 10:00

Even after installing the drivers too im not able to see bluetooth icon in the system tray whem i click on bluetooth application i.e bttray,exe nothing happens Im using win 7 64 bit any solution...............

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 5th, 2012 12:00

fawaaz,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

Rick

3 Posts

June 6th, 2012 06:00

No i dint install or reinstall os. all other drivers were preinstalled i recently had some problem with my bluetooth so i reinstalled it now its not working at all

Thanks

3 Posts

June 6th, 2012 08:00

Thanks i reinstalled chipset and then installed bluetooth driver it worked im having same old problem when i try to send image files it shows request cannot be honoured

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 7th, 2012 03:00

fawaaz,

Did you follow the instructions at Bluetooth connection and pairing

It walks you through the process. I had that problem and the instructions is how I got mine to work.

Rick

No Events found!