Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2012 06:00

Bluetooth Software keeps closing!

Could anyone help? When I try to open my bluetooth software, it just keeps closing...I've tried to reinstall earlier versions but it does the same. I have a dell xps studio 16 . What other information would I need to provide for a full diagnostic?

Thanks

Martyn

December 16th, 2012 23:00

Hi Martyn,

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1.Ensure that the status of 'Wireless Switch' is on in BIOS
- Power off the laptop
- Power it back on and as 'Dell splash screen' appears, repeatedly tap < F2 > (BIOS screen appears)
- Use arrow keys to navigate to the option: 'Advanced' (Following screen appears)

- 'Enable' 'Wireless control' and 'Wireless hotkey control'
- Tap < F10 > to 'save settings and exit'

2. Check system LEDs for status of 'Bluetooth service' in the system (Refer to the image below)
    This symbol represents 'Bluetooth'; please ensure that it is 'turned on'; if not, right click this icon and click 'enable'

3. If the issue persists, you may try using the 'wireless switch' to 'turn on' wireless capability (Refer to the image below)

4. If the issue still persists, please check the status of 'Bluetooth card' in the 'Device Manager'
- 'Right click 'Computer', click 'Manage' and click 'Device Manager' to access the 'Device Manager' page
- Locate and expand category 'Bluetooth Radios'; If not listed under 'Bluetooth Radios', please expand 'Network Adapters' category
- Please capture the details of 'Bluetooth Card' installed in the system (Note if any yellow/exclamation mark' is present besides it)
- You may have to try updating the 'Bluetooth Drivers' to fix the issue

Please share the following details so that I may help you further:
- Operating system installed in your laptop (Windows Vista/7 and 32/64 bit)
- Details of 'Bluetooth Card' found in 'Device Manager' (This model is generally shipped with 2 cards: Dell wireless 370 or Wireless 410 BT)
- If you have already tried updating the drivers, and still facing the issue, please share the exact error message; a screen shot of the error page will be most useful.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

8 Posts

December 17th, 2012 12:00

Sorry, some of the images cropped. Here they are again, in a smaller formatt,

Thanks,

Martyn

8 Posts

December 17th, 2012 12:00

Hi DELL-Saurabh,

Thanks very much for your email.

First of all, 'Bluetooth Adpators' does not even show up in the device manager options. Secondly, despite bluetooth software (Broadcomm) being installed, it does not open (with or without bluetooth being turned on in BIOS) I simply click it and it does nothing. Absolutely nothing. Bluetooth devices does not even show in control panel (under hardware and sound)

I have tried installing these Broadcomm software packages:

Bluetooth_Broadcom_v6.3.0.3800

"                   "           "  " ".9600

"                   "           "  " ".7600

(any more I should try? Or is this not the problem?)

Attached is a screen shot of the device manager screen as it stands along with the device mananger page of drivers etc,. and proff my bluetooth software is indeed, installed

I have updated one fo the many network adaptors and have tried the current troubleshooting steps below to see if anything had changed and nothing did (I update a driver called : Microsoft vitural WIFI mini port adaptor (in snapshot attatched)

OS Specs FYI:

. I am running Windows 7 64-bit

. My computer came with the Dell 370 Chip you were talking about

Lastly, what do you mean error message? Where do I find this??

Thanks so much for your response; you are doing a great job,

Martyn

P.S: this all happened when I tried running my bluetooth preripheral device: Sennheiser MM500x Bluetooth headphones (was working perfectly until I was on Reason 5.0 - music software - for about 5-6 seconds and my audio hardware stopped working along with my bluetooth as I was listening through the device). If there is anything else you need please let me know

December 17th, 2012 22:00

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for the prompt response. Please try updating the 'Bluetooth driver' from the following link: http://dell.to/Wlq8pF
If you experience any error message during the installation, please capture a screenshot and share it with me.

Hope this helps. do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to help.

8 Posts

January 6th, 2013 08:00

Hi,

I think the software s working finally. However there is a problem with connectivity. The headphones only connect on startup. Also sound is not really coming through them...

When I try to connect my bluetooth headset after startup it doesnt connect anymore

Any suggestions you can think of?

No Events found!