Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2016 17:00

Bluetooth adapter missing after upgrade to windows 10 BUT OS claims a new driver is installed!

I could not find Bluetooth options any more once I upgraded to Win 10. I followed the instructions in http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19652511 but rather than the code installing, I got a message saying that a newer version of the driver was already installed. It stopped the installation. I cannot find evidence of that driver on the system. 

June 28th, 2016 00:00

I would try it IF I could find the "current driver." But the BT device does not appear in the Device Drivers applet, at least not in a way I can identify. I am stuck.

27 Posts

June 28th, 2016 01:00

That is what I had, initially.  After I added the "legacy" BT device, the category and switch appeared but the switch was grayed-out.

The Dell Wireless 370 BT card is still installed on my computer. The card I replaced was the WLAN card. The Intel version is a dual configuration card and includes BT connectivity. Someday, I'll remove the 370 card...

27 Posts

June 28th, 2016 09:00

Here's a WLAN wireless card w/bluetooth suggestion:  

www.intel.com/.../centrino-advanced-n-6235.html

No Events found!