Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2015 06:00

Bluetooth adapter missing after upgrade to windows 10

Hello All,

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit on my Dell Vostro laptop. After update, Bluetooth adapter has gone missing from the device manager. I have the old drivers from win 7, but these are not running as the message says "this app cannot run" or things to that effect. I tried to install the Lenovo drivers as suggested, but that is not successful as it asks me to uninstall the existing bluetooth drivers. For the life of me I cant find these anywhere. Any suggestions?

• 

16.7K Posts

September 14th, 2015 08:00

bhatta,

You can click the link below to watch the youtube video that shows a possible resolution for getting your Bluetooth working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTo6PZ-QFqU

2 Posts

September 18th, 2015 01:00

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the late response. I was actually trying to uninstall the previous bluetooth drivers and something happened during this due to which my complete system crashed and I landed up with the dreaded blue screen. All recovery, reset, go back to previous version options failed. Consequently I had to reformat everything and reload windows 10 again. It has taken me a few days to get up to speed. Now the bluetooth device is showing, although I am having difficulty sharing files with my smartphone. Will look into this and revert in case I have any more queries.

Additionally, everytime the laptop wakes up after sleep, there is an error message stating that the display driver failed and recovered. The type is Intel (R) HD Graphics on a Dell Vostro 3500 Core i3 laptop. There do not seem to be any updated drivers for this. Dell Support states that Windows 10 is not supported by Dell. Is there any way around this?

Thanks again

Bhatta 

February 28th, 2016 23:00

Have you installed the drive in Device manager? Or you can download from Dell official support  website ! However, if you still can' get compatible driver from this two ways, try to use Windows driver and install tool like Driver Talent!

11 Posts

June 7th, 2016 08:00

Very useful! It works for my Vostro 3500 window 10 x64.

Thanks a lot!

No Events found!