Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2013 15:00

Bluetooth does not work

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows 7 Pro. It has Bluetooth which is enabled in the BIOS. However, I can't get Windows to recognize it. The BlueTooth service is running but the BlueTooth indicator light on the keyboard is not lit and BlueTooth does not appear in the device manager. I tried to reinstall the driver and just got "Activate BlueTooth using Fn+F2 or Radio on/off switch". Fn+F2 does nothing (there is also no icon indicating a Fn function for F2) and the only Radio on/off switch I am aware of is the one at the front/left of the machine and that only shows wifi nodes (it is enabled in the BIOS to show wifi and BlueTooth). Any ideas? I just got hearing aids which are BlueTooth capable and I would really like them to work.

953 Posts

October 1st, 2013 15:00

Hi Python42,

In the BIOS expand the “Wireless” Node and select “Wireless Switch”. Ensure that “All” option is selected. This will enable the wireless switch to set the Bluetooth on/off. Uninstall the drivers for Bluetooth and then download the drivers from this link. Re-install the drivers and check if the Bluetooth works now. For exact steps on how to update the drivers watch this video:

Updating Dell Windows 7 Drivers in 99 Seconds

No Events found!