Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 18th, 2012 01:00

Bluetooth headset connectivity

I have a N7010 laptop and I have been trying to connect my bluetooth headset.  The computer has recognized it but when trying to connect there is a message that says there is no device driver.  I have a Motorola HX550 headset.  Is it compatable with a pc or just for use with a cell?

June 1st, 2012 16:00

Hi technologyevadesme,

Welcome to the Community.

Motorola HX550 Bluetooth Headset is fully compatible to your machine. In order to fix the connection issue, we need to update the bluetooth drivers of your laptop.

Please follow the following steps to install the latest Bluetooth driver in your laptop:

Step 1: Open Device Manager Window

Step 2: Locate the Bluetooth driver category in the driver list and uninstall it by right clicking the same.

Step 3: Restart the computer

Step 4: Please click this link to access the download page for the appropriate Bluetooth driver for your computer http://dell.to/K3BnY0

Step 5: Kindly download and install the driver.

Step 6: Restart the system and pair Motorola Headset to connect to your laptop.

Thank You,

Saurabh

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com

June 2nd, 2012 08:00

Reply to Saurabh or any other,

I received this email explaining how to fix my Bluetooth headset.  Steps 1-3 no problem.  Step 4 there must be ove 300 downloads to choose from and I have  no idea how to choose the "appropriate" driver.  I still need a little more help please.

Technologyevadesme

Re: Bluetooth headset connectivity
Replied to by DELL-Saurabh A

Hi technologyevadesme,

Welcome to the Community.

Motorola HX550 Bluetooth Headset is fully compatible to your machine. In order to fix the connection issue, we need to update the bluetooth drivers of your laptop.

Please follow the following steps to install the latest Bluetooth driver in your laptop:

Step 1: Open Device Manager Window

Step 2: Locate the Bluetooth driver category in the driver list and uninstall it by right clicking the same.

Step 4: Please click this link to access the download page for the appropriate Bluetooth driver for your computer http://dell.to/K3BnY0

Step 5: Kindly download and install the driver.

Step 6: Restart the system and pair Motorola Headset to connect to your laptop.

Thank You,

Saurabh

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2012 18:00

technologyevadesme,

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

Rick

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 2nd, 2012 20:00

Step 4 there must be ove 300 downloads to choose from and I have  no idea how to choose the "appropriate" driver. 

Hello. Blutooth technology evades me too. But one thing I can explain to you is that step 4 has a bad link. Lately a bunch of "social media professionals" have been coming to the discussion boards and trying to answer questions. Several of them have been including that particular link which goes nowhere useful.

To get your drivers, first go to the drivers & downloads selection page. Then you can either

> Enter your service tag number and you will end up at a page that displays all of the drivers available for your computer for the operating system that was pre-installed at the factory.

> Or click "choose from a list of all Dell products/continue" and you can follow the links to the drivers & downloads page for your model.

I don't know anything about Bluetooth drivers, but if you tried that with an audio driver it would not work, because the deleted driver would be rebuilt from the driver files when Windows restarts. The right way would be in step 2, right click and uninstall the driver AND select the option to delete the files. Then upon restart the driver cannot be rebuilt. Maybe it is different for a Bluetooth driver.

Hope that helps. This thread was on the Laptop Audio discussion board I think, but now I see it is on the Networking/Wireless board which the place it should be.

No Events found!