Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

May 11th, 2009 00:00

Bluetooth mouse problem?

i have a dell travel Bluetooth mouse which needs to be reinstalled every time i have to use it.even if my comp goes into sleep mode, on restarting i again need to reinstall it.isn't there a way in which my comp would connect to the mouse as soon as i keep it besides my comp.i have Studio 1555 laptop with windows vista ultimate 32bit on it. thanks a lot

August 2nd, 2009 11:00

I had the same issue on my XPS M1710 with Vista Ultimate, SP1. I found that if I disable one of the HID compliant mouse entries in the device manager, the mouse operated fine and never disconnected. I don't know why this happens, but it does. It seems that at some random time, this extra HID mouse magically appears and disables the bluetooth mouse: 

Now that I've gone to SP2, my mouse started acting-up again, even with this extra mouse disabled. Now, I have it connected all the time, but the scroll wheel doesn't work at all. The system sees my M-RBB-DEL4 bluetooth mouse as a simple 2-button mouse. If anyone has any information to help remedy the situation, I'd appreciate a reply here.

83 Posts

January 4th, 2010 07:00

Not sure if this will help but I had the same problems with the Bluetooth (365) not reconnecting or losing it's connection with my Dell Travel mouse after sleep mode, I believe I  solved my problem for since I made these adjustments last night my bluetooth/mouse connection has not been lost even after having my Inspiron 1545 asleep over night. Even though I bought this Laptop only 2 weeks ago from the Outlet it only had Vista service pack 1 and the Dell Bluetooth driver was not up to date installed(waiting on the Windows 7 upgrade to arrive from Dell). What I did was:

1. Update to Service Pack 2..  2. Update Dell Bluetooth drivers 3. go to Device Manager//Bluetooth Radios right click on "Dell Wireless 365 Module" go to Properties then "Power Management" Tab and uncheck "Allow ther Computer to turn off this device to save power". Then click OK close down device manager and reboot.

After this I haven;t had one incident of the bluetooth receiver loosing the dell travel mouse..

No Events found!