Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 22nd, 2016 00:00

Bluetooth not working on new XPS 13 9350, Windows 10

Just cannot get Bluetooth to work with any device even though those devices work with each other.   It will see the device in the Bluetooth settings page and will get 'paired', then 'Connected' for about 5 seconds, then drop back to 'Paired'.  Never really gets a usable connection.    Everything else works well on this laptop.  I have downloaded a couple of drivers from the Dell site but not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Message

May 31st, 2016 05:00

I just had the same issue. 

I put my XPS13 to sleep, then my Bluetooth mouse didnt work when I resumed and after numerous restarts.

Had to disable "Fast start up" in the power options, as per post:

www.tenforums.com/.../4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Wasted 2hrs of my life troubleshooting this.....sheeeshhh

1 Message

June 16th, 2016 07:00

Here's how I solved this on my Dell XPS 13 9350

1. Removed my bluetooth accessory from device manager (in my case it was a headset/headphone)

2. Right-clicked on the "Dell Wireless 1820A Bluetooth 4.1 LE" adapter, and click on Update Driver Software.  For me, this downloaded and installed an update (took a few minutes)

3. Reboot

4. This was probably the key bit (gleaned from a post I found on a HP forum for a similar symptom).  GO INTO BIOS AND RESET BIOS TO FACTORY SETTINGS

Without step 4, no amount of pairing, uninstalling, etc seemed to have any effect.  I'm guessing this is because different versions of the bluetooth driver write different/incompatible bluetooth keys to the key store, and I guess resetting bios clears that out.

Once I re-paired everything then worked.. NEARLY.  for my headset specifically, I also needed to do this:

5. Go into control panel, "Devices And Printers".  Right click on the bluetooth accessory, and go to Properties.

6. Click on Services.  This takes a few seconds to refresh

7. You should see a bunch of checkboxes.  For me, they were all unchecked!  So check them to enable those services (e.g. "Audio Sink" to get audio routed to the devices, "Remote Control" to handle accessory buttons, "Hands-Free Telephony" to handle microphone/voice call, etc)

Finally (!)  I could then right click on my Audio properties, go to Playback Devices, and select my bluetooth headset (and change it to default playback device, etc)

1.8K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 08:00

Hello,

Which bluetooth card is in your system and what is the driver version number currently installed?   Sometimes it can be tricky to figure out what is going on with bluetooth cards and pairings.   What devices are you trying to connect with that this is happening?   Was this system connecting with those devices previously and this has suddenly started happening, or since this is a new system you're trying to connect with these devices for the first time?   And are you sure that these devices are compatible with BT 4.0?

You said that you've downloaded a few drivers, have you made sure to clear them out when you've tried installing the next drivers to test?   Also, I would recommend trying to delete all the bluetooth drivers on the system, reboot the XPS, and see if Windows 10 can find a native driver, or locate one, that works better for the system.

Here is a link to our support article for Bluetooth and you might want to check out the section on Windows 10.  It might have a few suggestions you can try.

If you can give us a bit more detail on your current configuration (card make & model, driver version, and devices you're connecting to) that will help us.  Also, to help troubleshoot this issue please right click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your XPS 9350.  Please keep all troubleshooting discussions in this public thread so that others can see what is discussed.

Thank you,

Todd

1.8K Posts

February 23rd, 2016 09:00

Hi Nwtriniman,

Try this video and see if it helps:

Bluetooth device not connecting windows 10/ 8 - [FIX]

Please post back and let me know if the steps shown in this video help resolve your issue or not.

Thank you,

Todd

1.8K Posts

February 24th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

Just in case you missed it, there is a second video in case the steps shown in the first video don't resolve the bluetooth issue.   Please check that video, and read the comments below for additional suggestions.  

5 Posts

April 16th, 2016 12:00

I had the same issue - with logitech bluetooth adapter (for speakers). Installing the driver from Dell's support instead of the automatically installed driver through the device manager fixed this for me.  The file name of the driver that I installed is 9350_Network_Driver_XMJK7_WN32_12.0.1.720_A00.EXE. Hope this is helpful!

1 Message

July 13th, 2016 11:00

Steps 1 to 3 worked for me!!

I had to uninstall ALL my bluetooth acessories (Sony SB-20, Valore and Barrel Edge) and re-pair again.

Thanks Davehopper

10 Posts

September 13th, 2016 12:00

My XPS 13 9350 has exactly the same Problems since Day 1.

Reinstalled Windows 10 from recovery. Bluetooth works for one week, then again no reconnect with devices. The devices show as paired in Windows 10 but no function.

5 Posts

September 13th, 2016 15:00

I'm finally having some consistency in bluetooth connection. 

First, I'm using the driver updated through the device manager. 

When I pair a bluetooth speaker with my XPS 13, they show up in the devices and printers. 

Since I have several bluetooth speakers, what I usually do is go to the devices and printers, right-click on the speaker I want to connect, select Control, then click on Connect. In this way it usually works - sometimes I just had to turn off/on the bluetooth speaker.

Also, some bluetooth speakers (such as JBL Extreme) show up as two separate entities in bluetooth connection, and I find that if I pair with both of those them, then I could not connect to neither. I have to pair with only the one with the speaker icon, not the other one with TV/smartphone icon. Hopefully this helps. 

September 30th, 2016 21:00

Reset the bios to factory worked to me

1 Message

October 3rd, 2016 22:00

4 Posts

October 12th, 2016 17:00

I tried everything in this forum and none of them worked. Then I went to Dell.com and downloaded this driver for the XPS13: Network_Driver_YW21W_WN32_12.0.1.750_A04.EXE

I deleted the network driver using Device Manager. Then I ran the downloaded Network Driver. I had to setup network drives , wireless, and Bluetooth connection again. Bluetooth connection to my earbuds worked. Hooray.

I hope this works for you. It was quite frustrating.  Good luck everyone.

1 Message

November 25th, 2016 19:00

I was so frustrated cause I spent a couple hours trying to sync my Soundlink 3 speaker without success. 

Tried many youtube videos and found your tip after almost restore my laptop without need to. 

Just removed the network drivers, installed the Network_Driver_YW21W_WN32_12.0.1.750_A04.EXE file and now it's working as charm.

Thanks a lot!

4 Posts

November 26th, 2016 17:00

I found a work around. It worked for me.

1. First, pair the bluetooth device as usual
  2. Go to Control Panel 
  3. Harware and Sound
  4. Devices and Printers 
  5. Identify the bluetooth device here
  6. Double click on it (notice that a window will appear and then disapear after a couple of seconds)
  7. Double click again and when the window appears, click Connect button

And voilà, problem solved and bluetoot device connected!

It is just a work around, hopefully dell offer a final solution.

Hope it works also for you!

11 Posts

November 29th, 2016 03:00

Hi guys,

I tried everything in this forum, including all videos and also manually installing the driver from the Dell site. Nothing worked. Absolutely frustrating. And the most frustrating thing - it's a brand new Dell XPS 13 laptop, Intel core i7, 7th generation, model 9360. Amazing machine, but the Bluetooth makes it a terrible experience. In my case it's Killer Wireless-AC 1525/1535/1435 Bluetooth Driver, and the file name is: Network_Driver_F7N22_WN32_10.0.0.256_A00_01.EXE, which has been released just a few days ago: 25 Nov 2016. I installed it and was hoping for the miracle to happen as others in the forum have experienced. BUT, ... :((

Any help would be highly appreciated.

No Events found!