Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2012 08:00

Bluetooth

Guys, my bluetooth was working fine last week. Suddenly the blluetooth tray disappeared from task bar. Then I went to Device manager and there it was disabled. So I enabled it. Now the icon is back but when I pair with it from my phone it fails to connect. Now the safely remove hardware option is also not displaying in usb drive sign in taskbar. My laptop is Dell N4050. Please help me guys....:(

October 29th, 2012 09:00

Hi mayoo99 ,

Could you share the error message that appears when you try connecting the laptop to the phone. In the mean while, try updating the 'Bluetooth card' drivers. Inspiron N4050 comes with a variety of 'Bluetooth cards' (Dell Wireless 1701, 1702, 1703 or 1704). Correct driver for installation will depend upon the exact 'card installed in your laptop.

Please share the 'Service Tag' of your laptop so that I may pull up your system's records and suggest you with an appropriate installation file. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

2 Posts

October 31st, 2012 05:00

Thank you for your help. When I try to pair my Laptop with my Phone I get a message in my phone with a code and whether I want to connect. When I connect It's saying that pairing failed. In the bluetooth tray when I click "turn adapter off" it's not turning off. bttray application is not working as well. Everything worked perfectly a week ago. I don't know what happened. My bluetooth software is WIDCOMM. Please help....The same day another thing happened. Now my Wi-Fi is not connecting to password protected networks. It's not asking me to enter the password even though I know the password. I'm also not able to use"Safely remove hardware" option. When I click on the USB icon in taskbar I'm not getting any menus. Everything happened at the same time from last week. Please give me some thoughts....

October 31st, 2012 10:00

Hi mayoo99,

Thank you for posting a quick response. The information suggests that you are facing issues with both 'Bluetooth and Wireless'. As I stated in my previous post, it appears to be an issue with the driver of the Wireless/Bluetooth card. Either of the four wireless cards (1701 - 1704) is shipped with this model and it supports the wireless and Bluetooth functionality together. I recommend updating/reinstalling the wireless card driver to fix the issues.

You have already added me as a friend. Through a private message, please respond with your system’s 'Service Tag' so I may access your system records to find the exact wireless card model shipped with your laptop. With this information handy, I can provide you further troubleshooting steps. You may also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Each Dell computer has a unique code assigned to it that can help us to retrieve the system's specifications. This code is labeled as 'Service Tag' and is a 5 to 7 digit alpha-numeric code. You will find it at the bottom of your Dell laptop. Please refer to the image below:

You may send the 'Express Service Code' also. System details can be pulled up with this number as well.

Do reply if you have any further questions. Glad to assist.

No Events found!