Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

October 17th, 2012 15:00

Can not access Internet after reinstalling Windows XP!? Help!

I have Dell Latitude D620 and bought it refurbished, I did NOT recieve a backup drivers and utilities disk with the laptop. The computer worked fine for about a year  I had no problems accessing the Internet at all. Then it crashed and I had to reinstall Windows XP. After reinstalling Windows XP it will not connect to the Internet at all. Even with the ethernet cord directly to the modem.  Since it will not connect to the internet I can not do a diagonostics to see what driver it needs. I have tried downloading a few onto my other laptop and then use flash drive to install it on the Dell but have not had any luck with finding the correct driver. I am not that computer savvy and do not know what type of wireless card I even have. I need help in every direction!

October 17th, 2012 15:00

Hi,

Please install the drivers from Dell’s support site. Use the following link:

http://dell.to/NMAIz0

Insert the system Service Tag and select Operating System as XP. Install the following driver software:

Intel Mobile Chipset Driver
Intel 945GM/945PM Video Controller
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M/120M Video Controller
Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Integrated Network Controller
Wireless Driver (if applicable)
SigmaTel STAC 9200 Audio Driver
Alps Touch Pad Driver
Bluetooth driver and stack

To install the internet drivers select Network and choose Broadcom Driver and save the software into a folder on the desktop and run it. Once the driver is installed check Device manager.

To go to Device Manager click on Start > right click on My Computer > select properties > Hardware > Device Manager > now click on Network Adapters and you should see the Intel Ethernet driver installed. (Refer to the picture below):

Once the ethernet drivers are installed, you will be able to connect to the internet with the ethernet cable connected to the modem.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

October 19th, 2012 13:00

Ok I did install all of the drivers like you said, but still have had some issues. The NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M/120M Video Controller driver came up as no hardware found that match this driver.  After I tried to install it a couple of times it still did not work and I downloaded the rest of the drivers. Now it will connect via Wi-Fi but it still says no Network Controller or Ethernet Controller. What drivers do I need for these?? The Wi-Fi that I had before was windows based, this one is made by Dell and it works but not like it used to.

October 22nd, 2012 17:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Please confirm if you installed the Intel Mobile Chipset drivers before installing the video drivers. Once the chipset drivers are installed, please install the video drivers.

Meanwhile, for the Ethernet Drivers install the Broadcom Driver and for wireless please install Dell Wireless WLAN minicard. Refer to the snapshot below:

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!