Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2015 12:00

Can't connect Dell Windows 7 Optiplex 360 via wifi to Apple Airport Express network?

I recently installed an Apple Extreme router and Apple Airport Express in my home.  My Dell Windows 7 Optiplex 360 desktop used to be able to connect to the internet via my old Linksys Router but now it cannot connect to the Apple device. I do know that the computer still connects well to the via usb hardwire hotspot on my iphone, but I cannot get it to connect to the Airport Express either wirelessly or or via ethernet. I am not 100% sure what wifi card I have and I think that I have VMware as the Network Adapter.  Does anyone have any advice or experience? I am not super comfortable with networking so hopefully it won't be too complicated to get this to work. Thanks!

Do I even need VMware to run? I don't use VM for anything. I just want to connnect to the internet and don't know if my wifi card can connect to Apple Extreme or Express network or how to do it?

• 

17K Posts

October 5th, 2015 08:00

mikeasmel,

Unfortunately, Dell does not test/validate on Apple hardware, ports, and software. Since I do not have any information on Apple Products you may want to reach out to users on the Apple Forums.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2015 13:00

Thanks Jesse. I understand. I did get the machine to work via ethernet to the Airport Express by deleting the VMWare.   Now the question will be...how do I identify my wifi card and make sure that it is also working? I don't know how to do that. Thanks! 

• 

17K Posts

October 7th, 2015 12:00

mikeasmel,

You can click the link below and add your system service tag in the box; click submit to view the configuration.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

No Events found!