Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 5th, 2012 12:00

Can't connect to Internet via WIFI on my Dell Inspiron 15R (N5010)

Hi,

I recently started facing this problem. My laptop shows list of available wifi hotspots but cant connect to any wifi network.

Please note that i am using correct SSID and password.

I tried to reinstall wifi drivers and initially it solved the problem.

But it keeps coming back. This fix stopped working one day and even reinstalling the driver wont help.

Then I deleted the driver, downloaded latest drivers from dell site and installed them. It worked but again fix was not permanent.

I also tried connecting to wifi network in "safe mode with networking" but that did not work either.

Now I am not able to connect to internet via wifi and no solution seems to work.

My laptop details:

Model: Dell Inspiron N5010

Processor: i3

RAM: 4 GB

Please help.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2012 09:00

I took firewall down as part of troubleshooting with no change and also had no virus running, thought I had loaded Avast after taking Macafee off, but it was caught in a download window somewhere and never had installed.  I tried troubleshooting at several locations with passwords and was able to get on them.  Starbucks with open system  (ATTwifi) said you would have to agree to terms etc and I was getting the same looking problem- said it was connected to wifi, but no internet connection.  Tried it with Explorer (usually use Firefox) and sure enough it opened up, let me click the agreement and then I was able to close Explorer and go with Firefox.  Can't remember if I tried Explorer from the hotel where I was having the issue.  Have not been disconnected from home lately either (maybe since DCing Macafee??) but I have started a log to keep all this data in so I can keep track better.  Don't know if browser could have been the issue for coffeewithsuds, but we did have one problem at home that we thought was due to an update we had to remove to get back on internet.

1 Message

October 31st, 2012 08:00

Yes, this is happening to me too, and I just bought my Inspiron 15R. I can usually get it to reset by disabling the wireless adapter and reenabling it, but sometimes it takes awhile to come back up. Other than this issue it's been a great computer. I've upgraded it to Windows 8, but the problem started happening on Windows 7. Torn about returning it.

1 Message

February 4th, 2013 03:00

Had same problem with a clients Inspiron 15R.

Connected to wired or wireless but no data.

Opened McAfee - it had updated and was waiting a McAfee instigated reboot. OK'd reboot and all good.

Guessing McAfee must have blocked the network ports whilst waiting a McAfee instigated reboot and for some reason didn't communicate the need for a reboot to the OS (Win8)

1 Message

March 21st, 2013 16:00

i hope theres gonna be an update for it but that probably wont happen

April 19th, 2013 12:00

am searching more than Google to fix this  issue ,i am having same issue with this Airtel apps which is used to connect wifi and me too using dell latitude E6430.i got frustrated to the core and suppose to write mails to Airtel to remove this nonsense apps and to give me the Orthodox way of logging the wifi just with a password.....

Is this is the problem with the Airtel apps or the Wifi driver .Please help

April 19th, 2013 12:00

I am searching more than Google to fix this  issue ,i am having same issue with this Airtel apps which is used to connect wifi and me too using dell latitude E6430.i got frustrated to the core and suppose to write mails to Airtel to remove this nonsense apps and to give me the Orthodox way of logging the wifi just with a password.....

Is this is the problem with the Airtel apps or the Wifi driver .Please help

2 Posts

April 24th, 2013 02:00

I had the same problem on my Inspiron 15R.  I removed McaAee (which cam installed from Dell) and installed Norton 360.

Since then, my network connection has never dropped out.

1 Message

October 13th, 2013 14:00

Hi,

I recently started facing this problem. My laptop shows list of available wifi hotspots but cant connect to any wifi network.

Please note that i am using correct SSID and password.

I tried to reinstall wifi drivers and initially it solved the problem.

But it keeps coming back. This fix stopped working one day and even reinstalling the driver wont help.

Then I deleted the driver, downloaded latest drivers from dell site and installed them. It worked but again fix was not permanent.

I also tried connecting to wifi network in "safe mode with networking" but that did not work either.

Now I am not able to connect to internet via wifi and no solution seems to work.

My laptop details:

Model: Dell Inspiron N5010

Processor: i3

RAM: 4 GB

Please help.

1 Message

January 1st, 2014 19:00

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!!  Within 60 minutes of taking my new Inspiron15R out the box I was not able to get the wireless to work.  I check it was on, there was a strong signal from my router (according to my iPad), when thru the window diagnostics - it said to plug in my CAT 5:( .  Anyway, I was up and running in no time after going thru these steps.   

3 Posts

March 9th, 2014 19:00

Gupta,

have you solved your problem? My internet connection suddenly disappeared today. It used to work, really well. A few days ago when wireless stopped working, I used hard wire and worked well too, until now.  What can I do? My warranty has expired. 

Thank you in advance 

Irene 

1 Message

August 14th, 2014 20:00

My boss's laptop has the same problem. His brand new Dell 14 Inspiron 5000 series also cannot connect to internet continually. The funny thing is that it only has problem with Cisco E1200 router at office. When he goes back home and uses DLink router, it is OK. 

How should we do now ?

September 15th, 2015 04:00

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : VandanaRPopat
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-B9-1B-6E-B8
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7c88:617f:4a67:2828%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.103(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:54:25 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:54:25 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890937
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1D-7B-DE-C7-00-26-B9-1B-6E-B8
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{C1C3CA6C-8687-47FE-BBF6-564B373AE98B}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

September 15th, 2015 18:00

Two things that have worked for me:

1 -  With an agn modem, go to the Advanced tab of the wireless card and DISABLE the "n" function.

2 - Go to the network and sharing page, select Change Adaptor Settings, then Wi-Fi, then Wi-Fi, then Properties at the bottom of the Wi-Fi Status page, then click on the ipv-4 entry, then at the bottom of the page click Use the following DNS Server Address. Enter the following two addresses, which select an Open DNS server:

208.67.222.222 and

This has fixed several different types of poor connection problems.

No Events found!