Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2003 04:00

Citrix ICA Connection

We have all Dell systems, and all the desktop systems connect to our Citrix server fine, but the laptops do not, with the exception of two.  And the problem only exists in-house on our LAN.  Users outside of the home office have no problems connecting over the Net.  Our laptops that do not connect consist of a bunch of Latitude C640's and D600's and a handful of Inspiron 4150's and Latitude X200's.  We have two Latitude C810's that do connect, but neither have the integrated NIC's that the others do (one uses a Xircom PC card; the other uses a dock station NIC).  The D600's have Broadcom Gigabit and Intel 802.11b NICs; the others have 3Com 3C920's.  Results are the same wired and wireless.

I know the machines are making a connection with the server, because I get a totally different message when I punch in an incorrect IP.  The message I get with the correct IP talks of a network error and counts down from 30 seconds until retrying.  When the Program Neighborhood Agent is used, it even puts the program icons for the remote applications on the desktop, but I still can't establish a connection.  I've used ICA's 6.30 and above with MetaFrame XP.

Has anybody heard of the Citrix ICA not connecting on only laptops and only over a LAN?

Mike Wender

KIMCO Corp.

1 Message

March 8th, 2005 20:00

I have the same problem with several D600's.  I've tried different NIC cards, disabling the onboard NIC's and MODEM but to no avail.  Any help will be appreciated.

1 Message

August 23rd, 2005 15:00

I had a weird problem with published apps coming up to a blenk screen like it was trying to open a desktop.  Narrowed it down to a service on the d600's card smart card.  killed this and all worked fine.
No Events found!