Re: DON'T EVER BUY A DELL COMPUTER

Just a bit more on my experience with Customer Disservice.  I told the rep that I needed to get an update on when the product would ship.  Her response was, "I'm sorry but we don't have any more information on that."

An actual Customer Service rep would have said, "What number can I reach at, Mr. Jones? I will track this down and get back to you with an update."

Otherwise, whats the point of having Customer Service?  You're only making making customers dissatisfied.  Save the $8 per hour and tell your customers not to waste their time with Customer Service.

0 Kudos
kaloesche
1 Nickel

I almost shouldn't ask this, but I have to, I hope you don't mind, but when did you order your laptop?  I feel for you, sorry you could not get your daughter her present, it sounds like it was worse because her mother did.

0 Kudos
SueinIsa
1 Copper

I am so sorry to hear your daughter's laptop didn't arrive in time.  All I wanted for Christmas was a purple laptop, so I ordered mine. I have never bought any major item online before; and have never purchased a Dell before.  I live in Australia and was given a delivery date of 29 December.  I was disappointed but at least I was told up front that it wouldn't be here for Christmas.

Imagine my absolute pleasure when it was delivered on 24th December.  yes, here I am, sitting here working out all the intricacies of my new purple laptop.

And yes, it worked straight out of the box.  I am so impressed with their service so far, that I have told all my friends.

So I am so sorry that Dell wasn't able to deliver for your daughter in time for Christmas, but it will be such a pleasure for her when she does receive it.

I am One Happy New Dell Customer.

0 Kudos
Ironbob
1 Copper

God, shut up already you baby!  So you didn't get what you wanted, when you wanted it! WAHH, WAHH, WAHH!  My wife and son were in a panic that the Dell they ordered for me wasn't going to be shipped on time.  They came to me and were so embarrassed and I told them,  "Now you listen to me, when Christmas day arrives whether that computer is under the Christmas tree or not doesn't matter.  Just copy out what you bought, put it in an envelope and I'll be happy as pie."  It's Christmas, shipping companies and mail order houses are flooded and I don't expect the world to revolve around me.  It will come when it comes and they did good regardless.  Grow up for Christ's sake.  Think about the message you are sending your daughter.  Well, they didn't ship it when I wanted it so I'm going to cancel the order and start all over which also gives her NOTHING.   Way to go champ. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just_Bobz
1 Copper

Just for the record, :emotion-2:, I have had 2 Dells. The first, had the worst  AC power plug known to man. After a year of ownership, I lost my DB9 terminal (trust me, I used it alot.) I swore to myself I would never buy another Dell. I went to buy another PC because of these problems and due to financial woes, was only able to "rent" one. I absolutely refuse to get Vista because no 3rd party software I use likes Vista and I use my PC almost daily in commercial applications. The only laptop I could "rent" was, believe it or not, a Dell. I already bought a USB to DB9 converter so this pc not having more than USB ports didn't hurt but it had the best power port I have ever seen. This pc is likened unto a toughbook tho there is no doubt it is not. It is Inspiron 1300 with XP and I put it in a metal briefcase. The only problem I have had with it, I created. I will give everyone a hint about pc's to concider. No files I create are left in my pc. They are saved in my pc but they are copied onto an SD card. PC's CRASH. This is a fact regardless of whose it is. I also have a Blackberry whose SD card crashed or at least locked up. Redundant copying saved me. Everything in my phone is in my laptop and everything in my laptop is in an SD card (including a copy of every program I run on my pc and to date it is 20 that you can't get on line. Hope all of you have a Happy New Year.:emotion-2::emotion-21:

0 Kudos
consumer2
1 Copper

Whoa. This is the first time I've entered a forum so please excuse me if I am not using proper posting etiquette.  I entered this community because I have experienced frustration with Dell's customer support, hoping I could get a check on my perspective.  To be honest, I am taken back by some of these postings perhaps due to my lack of exposure to this type of site, but also because I was unaware that the words "community" & "forum" seem to have a whole different meaning in this setting.  Nevertheless, here are my concerns, thoughts, suggestions after recently purchasing 2 Dell desktop computers.  1) I have always found the Sales Dept. to be excellent! The reps are knowledgeable, professional & patient.  2) As for Tech support goes, yes, I have had to go up the chain of command to resolve some issues & encountered language barriers at times leading to more frustration than what I started off with in the first place.  The telephone automated directory system is poor, as well as how calls are handled once a rep realized I needed to be transferred to another department.  However, almost all of my technical  problems have been resolved eventually after a day or two & many hours spent beding put on hold, transferred, dropped only having to start all over again.  3) The Financial Support needs some serious restructure.  Many may not think this is the place to voice my opinion, but it is concerning that the Company I have entrusted to keep me uptodate with access to the tech world has caused me the most grief in trying to process an on-line payment.  Assistance is limited by hours of operation, more than average downtime for maintenance & providing a link to the on-line payment site that is inactivate.  I pay 95% of my bills on line & on time.  I have been unable to do this with Dell, which is against my financial standards & has forced me to pay $9.95 so I can make a same day telephone payment.  End of story. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

0 Kudos
outdoorhiker3
1 Copper

OK, so I am new to this "DELL" forum thing.  I can't figure out how to start a new Question forum.  So I thought i'd start here.  I have a 3 to 4 year old 5100C desktop.  I shut down the computer one night through windows.  The next night I pushed the power button and nothing happened.  I have had it checked locally and they found nothing.  The power supply is good.  "they bypassed mine"  both places I took it to said they think it's either the mother board, or power switch.   Should I pay the 50 bucks to have it totally checked out.  Both places say if it's the mother board its better to buy a new computer.  has Any one out there had the same problem and found it to be just the switch?

0 Kudos
RJ318
1 Nickel

So sorry your order did not work out well.  I, too, ordered DELL for Christmas (Studio17 & Mini9).

I was given an estimated ship date of 12/12/08 but received my "toys" on 12/02/08.  When you

mentioned "...in plenty of time..." what did you consider "plenty of time"?  I also ordered other

"toys" thru DELL and when there was a delay on the PSP, I got and email telling me so.  I still got

everything well before Christmas.

0 Kudos