Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2012 16:00

DW WLAN card utility (PeerNet) is giving my portable devices a APIPA IP address or IP address 169.254.xxx.xxx.

Recently my laptop's Peernet program is working fine until a couple of days ago something went wrong. Usually I use Peernet to share my Internet for my portable devices ie. iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and Playstation 3. For some reason when I connect to my Hotspot (I created with PeerNet) with my portable devices I did not receive any Internet and instead it gives me a APIPA IP address on my devices. Usually my devices connects to it without any problems. My Firewall and AntiVirus apps are all disabled and still no luck. What I'm thinking now that there is something wrong with the PeerNet application. Can anyone help out? Thanks in addition! I have also tried re-install the driver and restore my laptop to a earlier date but ends up the same result.

Additional Details:

DELL Inspiron N4010 running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS 

Model: Inspiron 560

RAM : 4.00GB (3.80GB usable)

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU     P6100  @ 2.00 GHz 2.00Ghz

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 16:00

Sangmicael,

When I see the 169.254 ip address, usually that is a communications problem with the router.

I usually suggest the person power off the ISP modem/router and the wireless router(if any) Wait 30 seconds, then power on the ISP modem//router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Restart the computer and try to connect.

It usually works. The wireless router(s) get the ip address during power flickers and/or electrical storms.

Rick

7 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 18:00

I have tried power off my router and restart it but still no luck. My laptop can get Internet from my router but when I tried sharing my internet on my laptop it gave me the same APIPA IP address using PeerNet.

7 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 18:00

What I meant is that using PeerNet on my laptop to share internet to my other devices, my devices can't receive internet from it and gives it a 169.254 ip address

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 20:00

Sangmicael,

I don't know much about this. You can read about this at...

Setting up a peer network

Rick

7 Posts

February 27th, 2012 15:00

Thank you I'll give it a shot and hope it works again.

No Events found!