Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2010 20:00

Dell 1515 Wireless N Mini-Card

I have a Dell 1515 Wireless N Mini-Card installed in my laptop, well atleast thats what was in it when I first got my laptop. I was trying to restore my laptop to factory settings but the F8 Dell Factory Restore wasn't there. So I decided to use the windows discs but after I did that, everything was wiped off, all the software and the wifi connection was wiped off. It's not the way it was when I first got it and I don't know how to change it back. Everything else I could live without cause it else to get back but it's the wifi feature I'd really like back, I did the troubleshooter but it doesn't help at all. What do I do! I even tried the drivers and what not and none of that worked. Do I have to send it back to dell to restore is back to the way when I first bought it?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 26th, 2010 02:00

vansinmay,

The procedure is...

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

If the recovery partition is corrupt or missing, then the procedure is...

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

Rick

2 Posts

November 8th, 2010 12:00

I tried both and none worked. Dell Factory Restore Image thingy isn't an option for me. I don't know what to do, should I send it back and let dell restore my software and to the way it was when I first got it?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 8th, 2010 12:00

vansinmay,

Under waranty, contact Dell Tech Support.

Rick

November 9th, 2010 08:00

thank you, pudgyone helping me the other day, 

and I had a similar problem with him.

and realized that once I reinstall mannually, I cannot use 'dell factory image restore', and 'system restore' is not effective either.

but I am still curious why the wireless function is not working any more even though there is network drivers on resources DVD installed.

I asked about it in a seperate posting. could you or anyone else can help me? 

12 Posts

November 13th, 2010 09:00

Did you fix it yet?  I recently did a hard drive swap and needed to find the wireless driver.  i found the driver on the dell site by searching for the 8.0.0.239 driver for 1515 wireless n.  Works with windows 7 64 bit.

No Events found!