Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2015 15:00

Dell Bluetooth 365 not detected in Windows 10 Technical Preview (Builds 10041 and 10049)

When I installed Windows 10 build 10041 on my 2009 Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop my Bluetooth 365 stopped working.  On investigation I saw that Bluetooth had disappeared from Device Manager completely, but no yellow '!' was apparent anywhere.   When I checked the BIOS the Bluetooth card was present.  I researched the issue for a couple of hours and realised that Dell did not have a Bluetooth 365 driver for anything later than Windows 7. (That Windows 7 driver had worked in Win 8/Win 8.1).  I discovered that the card is made by  Broadcomm and is also used by Lenovo in some of its laptops.  I downloaded the following driver from Lenovo's support site and installed it.  When prompted, click the 'update software' button, and a further installation will run.  If you wish, have Device Manager open and you will see the drivers and devices install.

support.lenovo.com/.../ds031759

It worked perfectly and my Bluetooth card was detected and configured and now all my Bluetooth devices work with Windows 10.

The Dell 1545 with Bluetooth is a great workhorse PC and it would have been a shame if it could not have been used with Windows 10.  I hope it is not a sign of forced obsolescence by Dell, and that they will release Win 10 drivers for this venerable old laptop. It is a shame to have to go to a competitor for a driver. Judging by my web research there are many of this model still in everyday use.  I trust this will be of use to other users.

8 Posts

September 23rd, 2017 12:00

I’m glad this has helped so many people.

1 Message

April 26th, 2021 04:00

Thanks a lot for your Solution.

The research was awesome.
No Events found!