Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2017 09:00

Dell Chromebook 11 (3120) wifi channels?

Hi does anyone know if these Dell chromebook 11s have channels that cannot be used in the 5 GHz band?  I have a customer whose chromebooks are disconnecting, sluggish, or stuck in processing when they try to access graphics-intensive online tests.  Their IT guy said the AP and controller look fine so I am looking at anything unusual about these chromebooks that would cause this problem.  Thanks in advance for your time!

February 23rd, 2017 09:00

Is there any documentation or information that I can look at to confirm this is indeed a motherboard problem before I contact Dell on my customer's behalf?  I know I had called Dell and was told there was a batch last April that was bad, but she said the documentation was internal.

• 

16.7K Posts

February 23rd, 2017 09:00

Doodah Dame,
Contact Dell Support by phone and have them replace the motherboard. They will need verify a few things. The number to call is listed at the link below.
Contact Dell Support

February 24th, 2017 08:00

Thanks for responding, TRADave.  I wish there was more documentation or information somewhere about this.  I was really wanting to know if there are any channels in the 5 GHz band that these chromebooks do not work in but no one can answer that question and I cannot find it in any documentation. However, I had watched a video where one of the wifi experts who worked in a Houston hospital mention that a lot of wifi issues are due to the chromebooks themselves.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2017 08:00

We are seeing a very high number of similar issues, but have not gotten any response on a known problem of any kind.  In most cases we have had to replace the motherboard due to this problem.  

No Events found!