Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2010 08:00

Dell E6500 WLAN 1510 problems

Hello, I have a Latitude E6500 with the 1510 WLAN card. Up until last week, everything ran fine. At that time, I ran Kaspersky and it told me that there was a malware threat with the Broadcom USH components. I quarantined them and finished the scan.I should mention that I'm in a small apartment, my netgear WGR614v6 router is less than 25 feet away and I've never connected with anything below 54mbps.

Since then, my 1510 card connects at 54mbps and will usually stay between that and 48mbps until I open an internet browser. At that time, it will cycle between 1, 5.5, 18, 24, 36 and 48 mbps. Internet browsing has come to a standstill. It is extremely slow. If I connect an ethernet cable, everything is fine. It will also spontaneously disconnect/reconnect over and over again, then reconnect for a period of time, then disconnect/reconnect. I'm assuming something went wrong during that Kaspersky scan.

Since then, I've downloaded and installed the new A19 BIOS, tried 3 different versions of the driver for the 1510 WLAN card, found either on the Dell disc that came with the laptop or downloaded from Dell's tech support, tried different versions of the security manager, connection manager, removed Kaspersky and took out of quarantine the Broadcom files, run several other antivirus software (which all came up clean) and I have had no luck. The WLAN connects, but cycles through connection speeds and browsing is extremely slow. This morning, it connected at 54mbps, stayed at that, but I could not browse the internet. I could ping google and other websites, but I could not browse them using firefox, IE8 or google chrome.

I'm lost here as to what to do next. I really don't want to send it in again, this would be the 4th time I sent back this Dell in the past year. Any suggestions as to what to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

No Responses!
No Events found!