Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2013 08:00

Dell Inspiron 11z

Hi there

I have a Dell Inspiron 11Z Netbook with Windows 7 Home ed.

After I formatted the hard drive and reloaded Windows, I lost the functionality to activate the wireless receiver/ card.

The on/off switch is located on the F2 key, but is simply not doing anything at the moment. All the other functions on all the other F keys are working fine.

Please help me ? - The model number if it will help is: P03T and service tag number is ( Admin Note: Service Tag removed as per Privacy Policy )

Thanks

Johann

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 14th, 2013 04:00

Hi Johann,

Did you installed the Quickset Application?

Please follow the below mentioned steps to install Quickset Application:

1. Visit the following website: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  2. Enter the Service tag of the computer in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  3. Select the Derivers & Downloads tab.
  4. In this page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  5. Install Quickset application from the list.
  6. Restart the laptop and switch on the Wireless by pressing Fn+F2 or only F2 key.

Please post the results.

3 Posts

Hi Nikhil

I made sure that BIOS settings are enabled.

Don't know where to find wireless setting to make sure it is always on, but all settings in BIOS are enabled.

In device manager it finds Atheros AR8132 Ethernet Controller and also Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card, but still if I press the F2 button there is no reaction and no wireless that comes on.

Regards

Johann

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

Hi Johann,

Check the BIOS to ensure the wireless card is Enabled under “Advanced” tab. Also verify the Wireless setting is turned on and not set to Always Off. To enter the BIOS screen, Switch on the computer, tap F2 at Dell logo.

Now check in device manager if the Wireless card is detected under Network adapters.

Please post the results.

3 Posts

August 14th, 2013 05:00

Thank you so much Nikhil - That solved my problem. You are a very wise man indeed !!!

Regards

Johann

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 14th, 2013 05:00

Hi Johann,

Glad to be of help! Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

1 Message

January 26th, 2020 06:00

Hi Nikhil

I have Inspiron 11z P03T model and HDMI is not working in this machine. I had Windows 7 installed so upgraded mine to Windows 10 thinking it will work in new Windows but still my HDMI is not working. Can you please suggest me what needs to be done to fix this issue?

Also tried this link http://dell.to/17F08dH but it is not working anymore. Do we have a new link?

Thanks

Vijay

No Events found!