Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

September 12th, 2018 03:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Slow Download Speeds

I found this solution in other post for a different Dell Notebook. Found out this is a common problem with all Dell notebooks. Dell Installed a program called Smartbyte which is suppose to prioritize video over download. It slows your download speeds down dramatically. Do not do what the dell techs tell you to do to fix this. Does not work. This did.

Solution

Please go to Control Panel\ Administration Tools\ Service\ SmartByte Network Service\

Click right mouse at "Automatic", then choose Properties, click: Disable in pop menu then tap stop.

You can also choose to uninstall Smartbyte Network Service from Control Panel Add & Remove Programs

Then go here to test www.speedtest.net/ .

After doing this I went form 530kbs to over 46mbs

1 Message

February 19th, 2019 10:00

I uninstalled SmartByte Network Service, the speed was up, and lasted for two days, now it is slowing again just like before. I checked SmartByte Network Service, it is no longer there. Any other solution? Thanks,

Sean

2 Posts

March 16th, 2019 08:00

This problem also occur when you using VPN service. This that is enable or not.

If yes, disable it and check again that there is any change or not.

May 28th, 2020 12:00

Smartbyte is the worst program ever and Dell techs will tell you different but we know it slows your downloads. MY problem is I still see slower speeds at 88 sometimes 93 Mbps after smartbyte was removed. I tested with a Lenova laptop and I am getting my top speeds as my ISP said I should 127 Mbps. Something still on the Dell 15-3567. Uploads are fine.

No Events found!