Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 20th, 2012 17:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 - Vista OS. No wireless internet connectivity on formatting. Missing Drivers

Dear Support,

I recently formatted my Dell Inspiron 1525 - Windows Vista OS and my wireless does not seem to work.

I read through the forums and I see that my laptop is missing a driver for "Wireless 1395/1370 Network card" apart from the Marvell -Yukon driver. So, I tried to follow the links for the drivers and I found that the dell drivers and downloads page has the driver for Xp OS but not for the Vista OS.

So, I'm stuck over here with missing drivers. The links for the forum page with solution are as,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19316234.aspx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19433330.aspx

Could any one of you please help me with the issue.

Thank you,

Satya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 21st, 2012 19:00

Satya,

Do you have McAfee installed? There was an update that caused connection problems.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system?

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 20th, 2012 17:00

Satya,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

4 Posts

August 20th, 2012 18:00

Yes, Rick I did install the Notebook Systems Software followed by the chipset drivers,

The order in which I installed all the drivers is as,

Notebook Systems Software

Chipset Drivers - including the Intel Chipset & Ricoh Drivers

Video Drivers - Intel 965 Graphics

Communication Drivers - Connexant D330

Input Drivers

Audio Drivers

Marvell 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet Controller Driver

Thank you,

Satya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 21st, 2012 03:00

Satya,

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

4 Posts

August 21st, 2012 17:00

Rick,

First of all thank you very much for your continued support.

I performed the things you mentioned and following are the results,

For Checking if "Connection is Enabled".

- I checked the BIOS and I see that my internal wireless is enabled.

- In the Device manager, I see an question mark in "Other devices" and in that an exclamatory mark before to my  

"Network Controller".

And for running the "System information log" or "ipconfig/all" on my Vista OS,

I see,

C:\Windows\system32>systeminfo 1>c:\systinfo.txt

Loading Network Card Information ...ERROR: Provider load failure

C:\Windows\system32>systeminfo.txt

and the notepad txt is blank. (as the system information log stops with an error).

Also, I saw a message today on the taskbar saying that my Dell Wireless 1395 doesn't have a driver installed on it and its asking me to contact the product supporter for the driver as my system could not find it.

Thanks,

Satya

4 Posts

August 21st, 2012 20:00

Dear Rick,

It worked!!!

I re-installed the OS without McAfee and in the order as required and now I can connect to the wireless. I'm LIVE!!!

Thank you very much Rick. Appreciative!!! Glad you were here...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2012 04:00

Satya,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!