Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 3rd, 2008 03:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 wireless card problem

Hi Everyone

I have a new brand dell inspiron 1525 laptop and everytime i boot i get a message "Dell wireless WLAN card wireless network controller stopped working and was closed.

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

I use windows vista premium and dell wireless 1390 802.11g 

Any ideas how to solve this problem.Thank you in advance

40 Posts

July 3rd, 2008 04:00

Just remove the Dell WLAN utility in the startup since vista has its own utility that manages the wireless adapter. Other thing you can try is to update the driver from support.dell.com or click on this link or just ignore that message.

Hope this help!!!

5 Posts

July 4th, 2008 00:00

Hi Matrix

Thank you for replying to my message.I checked start up i only found bluetooth under it so i will do as you told me to just ignore the message as long as it won't affect performance of wireless connection.

Thank you again 

40 Posts

July 4th, 2008 01:00

Not a problem!

5 Posts

July 7th, 2008 03:00

Hi Matrix

Today i got a message that has an error related to the problem i mentioned earlier about dell wireless WLAN card and i don't know if i should ignore it or how to solve it so i would appreciate if you could help me.

The message was: Problem Event name: AppCrash

Application name: bcmwltry.exe

Application version: 4.170.25.12

Application timestamp: 46f3437a

Fault module name: StackHash_2fb3

Fault module version: 0.0.0.0

Fault module timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception offset: 01e698c2

OS version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

I have dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini card

Software version: 4.170.25.12

Driver version: 4.170.25.17

I have a new dell inspiron laptop 1525 with vista home premium service pack 1

It's very annoying so i wish you could help me.Thank you 

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2008 00:00

Did you find a solution yet? My new 1525 is doing the exact same thing right after I installed Vista service pack 1.  Microsoft spent 3 days on the phone with me un-installing and reinstalling the service pack to no avail.  Laptop (Wlan Card) works fine without the service pack and won't work with it. (Same exact error message). I have tried updating the drivers. The wlan card will not work with service pack 1.  Microsoft noted my file as unresolved.  Has any one else had any luck yet?

1.7K Posts

August 4th, 2008 15:00

Am I correct that you guys have already tried using driver version 4.170.25.17 / 4.170.25.12, A17?

August 9th, 2008 12:00

Hi DELL-Larry R

I too am suffering this problem and I am using the drivers that you listed.

This does not happen to me all the time and it does not cause any issues, just slightly annoying that a new laptop does not work properly.

I think the issue occurs mainly on boot-up, as it has not happened when using the Vista sleep mode.

Any ideas would be great...

2 Posts

August 10th, 2008 13:00

yes I tried the new driver and microsoft tried the driver (remote assist) several times.

1.7K Posts

August 12th, 2008 20:00

If you haven't already tried it, there is a diagnostics feature in the Dell Wireless Utility for the 1390 card.  I'd try running that.  If that doesn't work, you might need to get the card replaced (which would require contacting tech support).

1 Message

August 25th, 2008 15:00

hI, Ive had my laptop only a couple of months, and its connected fine to my wireless network, but it hadnt been for the last 3 days. went i click on (connect to) and i click on my newtwork it comes up with cannot connect and its says diaose the problem or connect to a different network.Ive tryed all the sollutions but it stil hasnt been fixed. xx

1 Message

December 12th, 2008 11:00

I got this message today - less than 48 hours after buying my laptop - I went into the Geek Squad, called, etc. and no one seems to know anything other than possibly it's something with my wireless router/dsl configuration...  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

1 Message

December 15th, 2008 19:00

Are these problems with a Dell card or a Intel card? 

1 Message

December 20th, 2008 10:00

The error is referring to the Broadcom Wireless Tray which services that built in wireless cards that are provided by Dell.  My laptop justencountered this error this morning and the only thing I did to restore wireless service was open a command prompt and type

ipconfig /renew

If you check your ipconfiguration and your computer is not showing any physical address renewing the IP config should solve your problems.

1 Message

December 29th, 2008 10:00

I have an Inspiron 1525 and the Wireless seems to have failed, also.

I got a message similar to the above. My driver is at 4.170.77.13. I can't connect at all. The light for the wireless won't come on,either.

2 Posts

February 7th, 2009 09:00

I also have a Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card using driver version 4.170.25.17.  I am continuously getting the error message that the Dell Wireless WLAN Adapter Card Desktop Application has stopped working.  I have been unable to find a solution. 

Although the adapter will still connect to the internet, I continually get error messages with other programs as well all related to the drivers of this Adapter card.  I am unable to connect to the Scanner utility on my All-in-one printer, Unable to use the LinkSys EasyLink Advisor application to manage my wireless network, Unable to use the Windows Mobile Device Center to sync my cell phone (which also means I am unable to tether the laptop to the phone to access internet when away from home), Dell Support Center (sprtcmd.exe and now also dsca.exe) stops working immediately upon attempted start whether on Computer Startup or later when trying to start it manually.

I have uninstalled the drivers (and deleted them from the system) and reinstalled them from the Resource CD that came with the laptop. I have uninstalled all the apps and reinstalled them.  All causing the same errors upon start after the reinstall.  However, now, I can't access the Control Panel either.  Windows Explorer stops working as soon as I try to load Control Panel.

According to windows problem reports and solutions, these problems are related to the device driver on the network adapter and that the network adapter is not compatible between my version of windows and the network adapter from Dell.  When trying to update drivers, I am told the drivers are up to date.

I am more than frustrated, tech support folks have been less than helpful.  They just tell me to disable the startup apps to avoid the error messages, but that doesn't solve the problem of not being able to use the problematic applications.

Thanks for any help.

No Events found!